Thread: Sniffing wired through wireless

Just burned his ISO

Default Sniffing wired through wireless

Is it possible to sniff wired connections through wireless using backtrack?

If i try using ettercap GUI for this it closes when i chose ath0, whereas it works fine when i choose eth0. If i use ettercap command line i get the following

root@slax:~# ettercap -Tq -M arp /192.168.0.1/ /192.168.0.2/ -i ath0

ettercap NG-0.7.3 copyright 2001-2004 ALoR & NaGA

Listening on ath0... (802.11 plus Prism header)

ERROR : 9, Bad file descriptor
    [ec_send.c:send_init:118]

libnet_init(LIBNET_LINK_ADV) failed: unknown physical layer type 0x322
    My question is, is it possible and has anybody successfully sniffed wired traffic through a wireless connection. For example if i where to connect wirelessly through my laptop to a network where every other user was using a wired connection is there a way i could use arp poisoning to sniff there data?

If anyone can do this, or thinks its possible i would be greatful for the response.

Thanks.

- Edit I am using the beta version of backtrack. Also i can do this with ease using a wired connection, i would just like to know if its possible and how to do it using wireless.

Just burned his ISO

if i where to connect wirelessly through my laptop to a network where every other user was using a wired connection is there a way i could use arp poisoning to sniff there data?
    Yes u can , if you connected to the Network by wireless you can sniff the all network computers ( wireless and wired ) , and also if you connect by wire you can sniff the wireless , becouse you are in the same Subnet ,

thanks

Just burned his ISO

ettercap -T -q -P dns_spoof -M ARP // //

use it like this