Thread: failed to bring up wlan0 and no such device messages PLEASE HELP!!!!

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy failed to bring up wlan0 and no such device messages PLEASE HELP!!!!

Hey everyone,
    Sorry for being so late with this but im having a bit of a problem and maybe you can help me. I know that everyone here has probably heard this many times. I just finished doing everything i had to do to get backtrack working on my laptop. First let me tell you about my system.--- I have an Acer Aspire 5100 running OS WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE with Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter. Now the problem is that as soon as i type into backtrack " /etc/ini.t/networking start " the end message I get is " failed to bring up wlan0 ". Now im assuming a solution in my head, but I dont want to be misleading which is why im seeking help with this. I know that i dont have a PCI driver installed because probably when i installed WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE it must have some how uninstalled it (I THINK). Can someone please help me with this. You have no idea how much i would appreciate this. Like i said everthing is working good only that im having this issue, and i know that almost everyone had at one point.
    Thank you..

Good friend of the forums espreto's Avatar

Default Re: failed to bring up wlan0 and no such device messages PLEASE HELP!!!!

You're having trouble connecting to the wireless network?

See...

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...backtrack.html

And then.

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...ad-thread.html

Regards,
    (gdb) disass m(y_br)ain

®

Default Re: failed to bring up wlan0 and no such device messages PLEASE HELP!!!!

there is no such way of installing drivers in Linux like it works in Windows.
    You have to google it -> type in your card + not working in Ubuntu , as BackTrack is based on Ubuntu, 10.04 i guess.
    ,, It's the flower of light in the field of darkness that's giving me the strength to carry on.,,
    Eli says:,,No, it's, uh, Johnny Cash, Live at Folsom Prison,,

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by FROGG View Post
    Hey everyone,
    Sorry for being so late with this but im having a bit of a problem and maybe you can help me. I know that everyone here has probably heard this many times. I just finished doing everything i had to do to get backtrack working on my laptop. First let me tell you about my system.--- I have an Acer Aspire 5100 running OS WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE with Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter. Now the problem is that as soon as i type into backtrack " /etc/ini.t/networking start " the end message I get is " failed to bring up wlan0 ". Now im assuming a solution in my head, but I dont want to be misleading which is why im seeking help with this. I know that i dont have a PCI driver installed because probably when i installed WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE it must have some how uninstalled it (I THINK). Can someone please help me with this. You have no idea how much i would appreciate this. Like i said everthing is working good only that im having this issue, and i know that almost everyone had at one point.
    Thank you..
    The command structure you submitted is wrong. Should be /etc/init.d/networking.start

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nevermore View Post
    The command structure you submitted is wrong. Should be /etc/init.d/networking.start
    Highlighted in red is your mistake as well. Now let's all go have a look at the how-to linked above.

Topic covered thread closed.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.