Thread: Toshiba Satellite A135-S7404

Just burned his ISO

Default Toshiba Satellite A135-S7404

Before I mess up on installing BT4 to a usb drive, I would like to know which of the firmware driver I need that fit the following hardware:

Mfr Part Number: PSAD0U-0P000N
    Processor: Intel Celeron M Processor 530 (1.73GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, FSB 533MHz)
    Chipset: Mobile Intel 943GML Express
    Memory: 512MB DDR2-533 Memory, Max Capacity 2GB
    Display: 15.4" WXGA (1280x800) Diagonal Widescreen TruBrite TFT LCD Display
    Graphics Module: Intel GMA 950 Graphics Controller, w/ 8~64MB Dynamically Allocated Shared Graphics Memory
    Hard Disk Drive: 80GB 5400rpm SATA Hard Drive
    Optical Storage Device: SuperMulti DVD±RW Double Layer Drive
    Audio: Built-in Stereo Speakers
    Connectivity: Modem; 10/100 Base-TX Fast Ethernet; Integrated Wi-Fi Compliant Wireless (Atheros 802.11b/g Wireless-LAN)
    Interface: 4x USB 2.0 Ports; 1x VGA Port; 1x TV-out; 1x RJ11 Modem Port; 1x RJ45 LAN Port; 1x Microphone-in; 1x Headphone-out; 1x PCMCIA TypeII/TypeI Card Slot
    Card Reader: 5-in-1 Bridge Media Adapter, Support Secure Digital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick PRO, Multi Media Card, xD Picture Card

the reason I am asking is becuase when I run the live disk, I notice that ihe screen flickers several times before it gets to the root. And if I remove some of the firmware and or drivers, I dont want to remove the ones I need.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Toshiba Satellite A135-S7404

The screen flickering a few times sounds like a non event to me - why do you want to remove drivers because of that?

Its unlikely that anyone here is going to be able or willing to provide you with a complete list of all drivers required for those devices. Just leave the installed ones there and let linux autodetect them for you when the system loads.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: Toshiba Satellite A135-S7404

Sounds to me like another case of someone trying to do things they don't understand. I bet learning some basics on linux and or computers in general would solve all of these problems.

OP since this is the case, try leaving the drivers alone. Better still get an easier linux distro and learn from there. A cool thing to do would be to install your own tools into another distro.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.