Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Advice for my WEP/WPA Cracker

Default GrimWepa v1.10 Alpha

GrimWepa v1.10 BETA is now available!

Screen shots of the newest beta are available on page 6 of this thread.

More information is available at the Grim Wepa Beta wiki page

Direct link to the JAR file is here: http://grimwepa.googlecode.com/files/grimwepa1.10a6.jar

Or, to download and execute, copy/paste this into the console:
    Code:
    wget http://grimwepa.googlecode.com/files/grimwepa1.10a6.jar
    java -jar grimwepa1.10a6.jar
    There is a built-in installer in the app, so there will be no more of that 'grimstall.sh' shell script crap.

Background
    Flash-back to early 2010: Gerix Wifi Cracker didn't (and still doesn't) work for me, neither did SpoonWep 2, and I wanted a WEP/WPA cracker... Hence, Grim Wepa, a WPA/WEP cracker, completely GUI based, written in Java for Backtrack4. Note: Shamanvirtuel has since made a triumphant return and is releasing SpoonWep-Wpa 3 shortly

I've already gotten a lot of suggestions and have been able to change GrimWepa accordingly; but the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, so tell me what you want!

Negative feedback and de-constructive criticism are welcome. If you don't like something, speak your mind and I promise I will listen.

You can let me know if there's any bugs, comments, suggestions, or the like by either replying in this thread, PM-ing me, or e-mailing me at: [my backtrack username]@gmail.com

Thank you for continuing to make Grim Wepa a better program!
    Last edited by derv82; 06-10-2010 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Yet another version update

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Advice for my WEP/WPA Cracker

Hey, I like it.

Gerix always froze up on me too and I havent used spoonwep.
    But I like the fact that the selections are all on one spot.

I'm using it on a BT4 VMware install, with a Alfa AWUSO50nh, with rt2800usb driver. It recognizes my hardware in monitor mode just fine.
    I see the usual APs around me, but unfortunately no WEP, so I cant fully test your tool -- I'll have to check my linksys router at home.

Suggestion:
    Maybe you could place a button to test for injection.
    Sometimes, I lose injection capabilities when I use Gerix, for whatever reason... and its nice to be able to check without having to open up a new terminal. Yes, I know I'm spoiled.

Thanks. Good job.

-------------

GUI: Yeah, it looks exactly like spoonWEP, but the green on black is easy to read. The buttons flow nicely, IMO.

COMPATIBILITY: Alfa AWUSO50NH, driver rt2800usb, BT4 Final VMware is good to go.
    -ARP-replay and fragmentation cracked my WEP in about 30 seconds. haha.

FUNCTIONALITY: I'm happy with the current setup.
    -injection test is there.
    -how about MAC changer?

Anyway, good work, derv82.

/Go
    Last edited by okra_man; 02-17-2010 at 12:34 AM. Reason: add more stuff

Just burned his ISO

I am getting the error 'Error: FileNotFoundException: File: targets-01.csv' when trying to refresh targets. 'airodump works fine in terminal' not sure if this is a problem with the computer or the program. i would like to see this get working though as gerix locks up on me also.

I spoke with Brett via PM and his problem was that he chose the wrong Wifi card.

Instead of posting over and over (I don't want to bump my own post), I figured I would make this Troubleshooting Guide and edit it accordingly...

• Run as Root! I hate running executables as root, but I tried running GrimWepa as an unprivileged user and was met with errors.
    • Are you booting from a DVD, USB, or is it installed on your system? GrimWepa writes some files to the disk [temporarily] and a DVD/non-persistent USB boot may cause the program to fail. You could try running GrimWepa from the directory /ramdisk/, where it should be able to save files -- Note: /ramdisk/ lets you write and save data to the RAM, which will be wiped upon reboot.
    • Make sure you choose a Wifi card that can go into monitor mode. Some wifi cards create a 'mon0' interface for a wifi card that's in montior mode; You may want to try both the wlan# and mon# interfaces until you find the right one.
    • Last ditch attempt: To make sure airodump works with your wifi card, try typing (in console) "airodump-ng -w targets --output-format csv mon0" where mon0 is your wificard's interface. This is the command that GrimWepa uses, and if targets-01.csv isn't created in the folder you run it in, this could mean there is a write-permissions problem.

Thank you guys for trying GrimWepa! I really appreciate the help and feedback you guys are giving me.
    Last edited by derv82; 02-16-2010 at 07:35 PM.

Just burned his ISO

nice tool
    i think you should make an option for using european channels also. that would be very nice, since they go beyond channel 12

Just burned his ISO

Hi Derv82, I've tested your tool with my Alfa AWUS036H on 3 separate WEP networks and success every time. Great tool.

Also tried it on WPA network and it successful got the hand shake packets, just gotta crack the key now.
    Last edited by davehardy20; 02-17-2010 at 02:22 PM.

Just burned his ISO

I was going to write some huge review, but I think it can be summed up in one word: awesome.

You were worried about a few of the attacks not working because you can't test them? Don't be. They work, and quite nicely.

Setup:
    BT4-Final VM (Supplied by Backtrack-Linux)
    Belkin access point, WEP configured
    Belkin F7D5070B USB wireless (RT73)

I've not tried WPA yet, but some here are reporting success gathering a 4way handshake.

Kudos on an awesome replacement to spoonwep2.

Some bugs, and some things I'd like to see happen with this:

-Must refresh drivers each time GrimWepa is closed. Works fine after that.
    -An installable version. (A .deb package would be freakin sweet!)
    -An option to set injection rate (Slower injection rates seem to work better with access points farther away.)

Other than that, GREAT JOB!
    Last edited by bobdamnit; 02-19-2010 at 08:16 PM.

Just burned his ISO

Hey im kind of new to this im dying to try this but im not sure how to add it to the vmware and how to install it im using backtrack 4 and on vm workstation 7 or w/e please contact me thank you

Just burned his ISO

Great work mate. I've been using it the past several days and I must say...It's a great substitute for SpoonWEP / SpoonWPA. In fact, I may like it a little better being that you eliminated the need for multiple tabs. I will post a few feature requests once I get more time to type. Keep up the great work.

Default GrimWepa Installation Instructions

Quote Originally Posted by BkLynsfin3z View Post
    Hey im kind of new to this im dying to try this but im not sure how to add it to the vmware and how to install it im using backtrack 4 and on vm workstation 7 or w/e please contact me thank you
    Ok, I replied to BkLynsfin3z with instructions on how to install GrimWepa to BT4 [VMWare, USB-persistent, or regular install]. I thought I would post the information in this forum in case someone else needs help -- I know, it's the "Experts Forum," but some newbies may traverse into here unawares, and I want to help everyone!

GRIM WEPA INSTALLATION GUIDE

STEP 0 : BEFORE we start.

Run these commands as root! To login as root, type:
    Code:
    su
    then enter the password for your root account.

If you can not get internet access on your system, this install guide can't help you : that's beyond the scope of these instructions. Also, if you are booting from a DVD, then the "installation" will not be permanent. If you don't fall into these two categories, installation of GrimWepa should be a breeze. The first step is simply downloading the grimstall.sh file, so if you already have it, skip to STEP 2!

STEP 1 : DOWNLOAD the GrimWepa install script (grimstall.sh)

Open a console (Terminal) window (it's the black-box icon near the menu button on the lower-left). You should see a black background with text that says something like:
    Code:
    root@bt:~#
    Note: If you're booting from VMWare, from an installation, or off of a USB, you should be fine and can ignore this paragraph and skip to the 'wget' code. However, if you are booting into BT4 using a bootable DVD, you MAY need to navigate to the directory /ramdisk/ so you can work with files not included on the DVD. Also, bootable DVD's and non-persistent USB sessions will wipe all the changes you make upon reboot. I don't know how to add GrimWepa as a module to the BT4 ISO file, so you'll have to do these steps below every time you boot into BT4. Sorry! To navigate to /ramdisk/, at the console, type:
    Code:
    cd /ramdisk/
    To download the grimwepa install script, type the following into the console:
    Code:
    wget http://grimwepa.googlecode.com/files/grimstall.sh
    Alternatively, you could copy that code and paste it into console using Shift+Insert. The wget command will download the install script to the current directory that console is in (usually the default is root). You should now see the file "grimstall.sh" appear (next to other files/directories) when you type:
    Code:
    ls
    Note: the first letter is a lower-case L, not a capital i.

After you have the GrimWepa install script on your computer (or in RAM via the /ramdisk/ directory), you can move on.

STEP 2 : CHANGE PERMISSIONS of the install script

We can't just run the shell script file : we need to change the permissions before we can run it. To change the permissions, type this into the same console window:
    Code:
    chmod 755 grimstall.sh
    You won't see any output or confirmation, so just assume that the permissions were changed accordingly.

STEP 3 : INSTALL!!!

The grimstall.sh script will download (if needed) and install grimwepa v1.0 from this project homepage to your computer!

Now that we have grimstall.sh with the correct permissions, we can begin the install. In the same console that we've been typing in, type:
    Code:
    ./grimstall.sh install /pentest/wireless/grimwepa/
    GrimWepa will default to install to the directory '/pentest/wireless/grimwepa/' if no other directory is given. This directory common in Backtrack 3 and Backtrack 4 linux distributions, but is not very popular in others. If you want to install to your own directory, type:
    Code:
    ./grimstall.sh install /home/whatever/directories/you/want/
    Don't forget the trailing / at the end! You should see an output showing GrimWepa being installed. After the install script is done running, you can test if it worked by typing (into console):
    Code:
    grimwepa
    GrimWepa should open up (after a few seconds), proving the installation was successful. If you chose to install to '/pentest/wireless/grimwepa/', then GrimWepa should also be in your menu under "BackTrack? > Radio Network Analysis > 80211 > Cracking". You can also run GrimWepa by typing "grimwepa" into any console anywhere!

You can now remove the downloaded grimwepa_1.0.jar file (you shan't be needing it now that the jar is saved in whatever directory you chose).

If this installation guide doesn't work, or if I should add/change something (experts), let me know via e-mail so I can correct the problems. Hopefully there are no errors; if you have any, copy/paste the errors to me in an e-mail! I <3 bug reports

STEP 99 : UNINSTALL GrimWepa

So you enjoyed GrimWepa, but now you're grown up, tired of shoddily-automated scripts, and want to banish GrimWepa to the great /dev/null in the sky, eh?

To undo everything that the install script did (basically, to Uninstall GrimWepa), type:
    Code:
    ./grimstall.sh remove /pentest/wireless/grimwepa/
    GrimWepa defaults to uninstall grimwepa from /pentest/wireless/grimwepa/ if no other directory is given ("./grimstall.sh remove"). If you installed GrimWepa to a different directory, type the directory after the 'remove'.

You'll still have to delete the .jar file you downloaded manually:
    Code:
    rm grimwepa_1.0.jar
    ...But you don't want to uninstall it... right?

Thanks for using Grim Wepa!!!
    Last edited by derv82; 03-05-2010 at 06:26 AM. Reason: New installation method

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast