Thread: lvm2 and hashalot

Hybrid View

Default lvm2 and hashalot

Hope too see lvm2 and hashalot included.

lvm2 so backtrack can access logical partions and hashalot for luks crypted disks. I followed the guied in installing backtrack on a secure crypted disk and then this tools are needied. Wood be nice to have them there right from start.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: lvm2 and hashalot

i installed bt4 and linux mint in the same encrypted lvm2 partiton.
    just
    apt-get install lvm2 hashalot
    then continue as normal

The programs can bee installed with apt-get but I wood like it to bee on the iso. Hate too dowload programs just to get access to the disk partion.
    Sometimes there is no internet , Somtimes apt-get hang waiting for headers and then disconnets.

Hope to see lvm2 on the next ISO , hashalot might not be that important cryptsetup can do a lot off standard hash right from start.

Thumbs up Re: lvm2 and hashalot

Totally agree with capron, lvm2 is indeed something necessary and it's a real pain if you're offline...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by capron View Post
    Hope too see lvm2 and hashalot included.

lvm2 so backtrack can access logical partions and hashalot for luks crypted disks. I followed the guied in installing backtrack on a secure crypted disk and then this tools are needied. Wood be nice to have them there right from start.
    I did the same thing and I agree. It's especially a pain when you are troubleshooting to have to download them multiple times.