Thread: Support atheros

Itssid

Default Support atheros

I have a Netgear usb WG111T which is not compatible with final can you please add support in the next release.

thanks,
    Sid

Atheros usb dongles will probably never be supported. Sorry to break the news for you. Only other choice is ndiswrapper. This can be a little tricky.

Itssid

well how can i download and install the latest version of ndiswrapper onto my bt live cd? the one already on there is old.
    Is there a distro out there that supports atheros usb dongle (WG111T)?? and has samdump2 function and the aircrack suite??

ndiswrapper is not supported by aircrack and never will be. Trying to use ndiswrapper for your card involves using Window$ drivers. With that in mind you can only imagine how these drivers are limited in what they can do. Alot of features just ain't supported. This is not an issue with aircrack it's just part of ndiswrapper. There's not much that you can do besides possibly considering buying a new card that is more supported. If you are thinking a staying with a usb device I would maybe take a look at:

http://aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=c...bility_drivers

and find a suitable card to your liking. Just make sure you pay attention to revision numbers. Some manufactures (D-Link) don't like to provide such info to generously. I have read that the DWL-G122 (B1) and the Linksys WUSB54G (v4) are both pretty good cards. I tried getting the DWL-G122 a little bit ago but they seem to be no longer carried in stores in my surrounding area. You could try Ebay. If the card your interested in on there doesn't specify the revision you can always ask the seller. I'm sure they would provide the info without a fuss.

Just burned his ISO

Just curious, is there a reason why USB based Atheros cards will never be supported, because I just bought the card the OP was talking about from woot.com because it was listed as having an Atheros chipset and I have had great luck with those in the past. Just curious why not.