Thread: Wli-u2-kg54-ai & bt4 r1

Just burned their ISO

Thumbs up Wli-u2-kg54-ai & bt4 r1

I am trying to work with this adapter and it appears to be a compatiable adapter but it doesn't appear as recognised with BT4 R1. Any idea why? or how I can use it? Is this adapter compatiable with injecting and monitoring for WPA & WPA2?

by the way I am running this from my HP dv9000 series laptop, and in BT4 R1 live cd.

The internal Broadcom 43xx adapter is at lease seen in BT4 R1, and my zydas 1211 as well.

thanks for the help in advance.

Default Re: Wli-u2-kg54-ai & bt4 r1

Please provide more information - what commands did you use to set the card up, did you get any error messages, what have you tried so far to resolve the problem.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned their ISO

ok first I also have the mini pci broadcom 43xx card, and I also have a zydas 1211 usb card.

I first ran :

Code:
     airmon-ng 
    airmon-ng stop wlan1
    wlan0 was my broadcom 43xx card
    wlan1 was my zydas 1211 card

and I can see my other 2 cards at this point but the buffalo I can not. I am a bit of a newbie as you can tell, and so far I can't find other info on "setting" this card up or no clue of it not working or being recognised when I look for the compatiable cards list. I even have tried to see it with just the buffalo alone in the usb on bootup and no luck. Also could it be something like the fact that I am running it live instead of a full install. At this point i didn't figure that was the case as again I found no mention of it elsewhere. Thanks.

Just burned their ISO

I have been trying for 2 days now and still nothing. I also have searched and scanned threw the forum hopeing someone else has had similar problems that would point me in the right direction. So far no luck.