Thread: I dont believe I just typed out a big long message to then be told im not logged in!!

Just burned his ISO

Default I dont believe I just typed out a big long message to then be told im not logged in!!

Anyway, leave this open, im tired now

to cut a long story short
    me, laptop, no wireless, me other laptop, no wireless (one intell 3945abg, other atheros AR9285)
    have captured with ubuntu ssl passwords
    now cannot
    tried bt4, see above about now wireless, tried many commands not got diddly squat about what i have done any more
    tried ifuo wlan0 etc
    tried the etc/init.d/network command.. no joy
    the only time i got internet through wireless was when in plugged it in via ethernet.

any pointers on airmon-ng
    ssl strip
    arp poisoning an interfaces to monitor on

i have followed all instructions

I will post a better update on what I have done

Developer

Default Re: I dont believe I just typed out a big long message to then be told im not logged

Yeah a better update is in order because that pile of crap you posted makes no sense at all.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: I dont believe I just typed out a big long message to then be told im not logged

So ture purehate!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukeman View Post
    So ture purehate!
    You are not much better hero.
    If you are going to jump on a bandwagon then at least get your junk together first.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

not being funny but it happened again.! just typed a big message and then i am told not logged which is the first thing i do.. log into forum. either taking to long to type or something else

just a quick one, what are the commands to get wireless up and running on bt4
    Ive tried ifup wlan0
    and etc.init.d/network without any joy

ive tried plenty of things the only time it worked is when I plugged it into ethernet first and some how wirelss came up

enoyed!! just introduced myself explained my issues and everything will try again tomorrow

tally ho

sorry just tried again with two messages with all details .. and got told im logged out, either im taling to long or something else... ill try again some other time
    Last edited by lupin; 09-26-2010 at 02:07 AM. Reason: Merging...

Not to be rude, but we really don't need to know about all the problems you're having posting - either provide us with the detail you promised or nothing at all.

Id also suggest you check your browsers cookie settings, and actually copy the text you want to post into a text editor before actually submitting it, that way you will still have a copy to post if something goes wrong.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

If you search the forum, if you already didn't, you will find a lot of topics about your issue and probably a solution.

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

You could also check the little box near the login to "remember me" or whatever it's called. Click this will keep you logged into the forums.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Very good friend of the forum Virchanza's Avatar

That's a frequent occurrence for me -- i.e. I hit the "Post Message" button and I end up losing what I wrote.

The solution is as follows: Right before you click the "Post Message" button, press Ctrl+A and then Ctrl+C. That will select all the text and copy it to the clipboard. Then if you end up with a blank page again, you just hit Ctrl+V. I use this tactic everytime I post anytime that took more than a minute to write.
    Ask questions on the open forums, that way everybody benefits from the solution, and everybody can be corrected when they make mistakes. Don't send me private messages asking questions that should be asked on the open forums, I won't respond. I decline all "Friend Requests".