Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Workaround: BT4-r1 lacks 1024x600 Resolution support for Intel Integrated Graphics.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Workaround: BT4-r1 lacks 1024x600 Resolution support for Intel Integrated Graphic

Quote Originally Posted by akuj1n View Post
    I was able to get this working without updating the intell driver 2010q2/q3 but could you go ahead and explain how to install that driver update as well?
    I will refer you to the first post in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by spyd3rweb View Post
    The goal for this thread is to provide you with the resources necessary to achieve/enable 1024x600 resolution in X using VESA until BT4 is able to meet the necessary package dependencies required (X-org 1.8) to upgrade to the latest version (2.12) of the xserver-xorg-video-intel driver required for full hardware acceleration support of the latest Intel integrated graphics platforms.
    Updating the intel driver and enabling hardware acceleration has never been the purpose of this howto/tutorial. The intent has always been to enable unsupported resolutions in VESA (software rendering) until it is possible for backtrack to meet all of the package dependencies necessary for the intel driver update.

If you really need hardware acceleration now, you could always try to tackle the dependency hell yourself, but I'd suggest moving to a different Linux distro instead. It would be easier

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Workaround: BT4-r1 lacks 1024x600 Resolution support for Intel Integrated Graphic

Good Day to all! I like to ask any body about problem witch I have in time of starting BT 4r2 (by the command "startX"). I have Notebook "Dell Inspiron N5010" with ATI Radeon HD 5650 Video Adapter and Intel Core i5 CPU. When i load the BT4 from memory stick and try to start it with "startx" command it give me the error message(see screen shot).As far as i understand there is a problem with resolution support for ATI Radeon Graphic card(?) Could any body give me advise how to rectify this problem or steps for solution.In this thread i read info about complication the situation with Intel Integrated Graphic only(915resolution: Intel Video BIOS Hack) but in case I have ATI Radeon HD 5650 Graphic, what I need to do?Thank to all in advance)
    Immagini allegate Immagini allegate

Just burned his ISO

The file "915resolution-0.5.3-patched20100828.tar.gz" is no longer at the link provided. A Google search yielded no results for it either.

I tried using the the "915resolution-0.5.3-patched20101123.tar.gz" file from that thread and continued on with the tutorial.

Completed Part 1 with the other file and went on to Part 2. Started at the "Put framebuffer initialization in initramfs" section and I'm stuck at this part:
    Code:
    apt-get source v86d libklibc
    I type that in and get the following:
    Code:
    # apt-get source v86d libklibc
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
    My current sources.list:
    Code:
    deb http://archive.offensive-security.com pwnsauce main microverse macroverse restricted universe multiverse
    deb http://archive.offensive-security.com/repotest/ ./   # BackTrack Devel Repository
    Not sure what to add to it. I'm stuck here

Thanks!

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by ariy0907 View Post
    Good Day to all! I like to ask any body about problem witch I have in time of starting BT 4r2 (by the command "startX"). I have Notebook "Dell Inspiron N5010" with ATI Radeon HD 5650 Video Adapter and Intel Core i5 CPU. When i load the BT4 from memory stick and try to start it with "startx" command it give me the error message(see screen shot).As far as i understand there is a problem with resolution support for ATI Radeon Graphic card(?) Could any body give me advise how to rectify this problem or steps for solution.In this thread i read info about complication the situation with Intel Integrated Graphic only(915resolution: Intel Video BIOS Hack) but in case I have ATI Radeon HD 5650 Graphic, what I need to do?Thank to all in advance)
    Try typing in "fixvesa". I recall having the same issue and that fixed it for me.

Just burned his ISO

Echel0n
    Try typing in "fixvesa". I recall having the same issue and that fixed it for me.

Thank you!It really help me to solve the problemBut each time i want to load BT4 r2 from memory stick i need to write "fixvesa" command.Is it the way should be?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re : Re: Workaround: BT4-r1 lacks 1024x600 Resolution support for Intel Integrated Gr

Quote Originally Posted by Echel0n View Post
    I type that in and get the following:
    Code:
    # apt-get source v86d libklibc
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    E: You must put some 'source' URIs in your sources.list
    Not sure what to add to it. I'm stuck here
    Thanks!
    As I'm sure you're aware there are step-by-step procedures written on the first page of this thread in post #7:
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...tml#post181219

The only command missing from that post is the command you're getting wrong.. it's:
    Code:
    apt-get install v86d
    Please feel free to post the new link to the updated 915resolution patch so other folks don't have to search for it.

Just burned his ISO

Good evening,

I was wondering if i could get a little help in here.

I am stuck at the 2edit the menu.lst" part. I can already put the resolution working manually, but i can't seem to get a good entry on the grub menu.lst, everytime i add some options to the copy of the original kernel entry, i get a screen stuck at initramfs> and nothing else. Could i get a help?

Thank You in advance.

Just burned his ISO

Ok the problem with initramfs on the login was an incorrect entry on grub. Anyway, got it working with this post on my eeepc 1001px. Thank you very much for the help.

One minor modification i had to do to make this run on my eeepc was to add both the framebuffer script and the initramfs to run on the rc.local so it could run both scripts before the login.

Just burned his ISO

First off, thanks for the tutorial! Really helpful and appreciated.

I followed it to the letter, and am now getting higher-res text in the console before starting xorg when booting from the new GRUB entry. Is this a definite indication that the 915resolution scripts are working?

Just need to know as I'm still unable to get 1024x600 no matter how I change xorg.conf - if I can narrow it down to a specific part that I'm doing wrong it'd save some time.

Thanks again

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123