Thread: install issues

Just burned his ISO

Default install issues

For some unknown reason, after trying for the last two days, backtrack refuses to install on my laptop. I've successfully installed backtrack beta, and have had that uptill now.

The problem only becomes apparent once I reboot after the install. There seems to be, after the initial bootup screen, nothing for the computer to boot into. There's just a flashing _ in the top left hand corner and nothing happens. When I say "boot screen" I mean my computers ROM boot. First off, I tried to install it myself, and thought I had monged it up, so I looked for a howto, incase I was doing something wrong, which I wasn't. I've followed the install pdf to the T, over 5 times now and tried alternative install techniques, but still nothing.

Any advice would be great.

1st, Whats your laptop.

Do you have a dual boot setup?
    which install method you used... (GUI install from the pdf, but just making sure)
    can you give the output of 'fdisk -l'
    [FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="1"]Great spirits have always encountered opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Just burned his ISO

An 1.7ghz acer aspire 1640Z Centrino, 512mb RAM, 60gigs hdd.

#~fdisk -l

hda1 * Boot ext2 60mb
    hda2 linux swap 512mb
    hda3 ext2 The rest of the hdd. (as per instructions)

When I cd into hda1 there doesn't seem to be anything there, apart from a "lost+found" file. Maybe I'm doing something moronic, I'm not sure, I'm really not a pro at installing distros. I may have to pay a bit more attention to these things in the future.

I appreciate your response.

Just burned his ISO

I've sorted it anyway. Thanks.