Thread: Backtrack 4 r1, PErsistant usb install, SpoonWEP bugs

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 4 r1, PErsistant usb install, SpoonWEP bugs

I recently got a persistant usb install going and downloaded the spoonwep/wpa package and installed etc. testing out spoonwep on my network a few times and im getting some weird bugs ( bt3 spoonwep worked fine on this same rig using a live install but not persistant)

when running sudo spoonwep: the spoonwep dump console doesnt come up during the attacking using the known vicim option

when running spoonwep (not sudo): console stays up and attempts to populate with information while doing unkown victim but i get a message that says /user/bin/wifispoon/spoonwep/ does not exist or is not accessible ( this is what is making me think it is related to the persistant usb install or the truecrypt volume) i Known victim, it will allow me configure the attack and launch it, and also tried making this folder to solve this and it didnt work

and finally the one that is really pissing me off, when using sudo spoonwep: it lets me get all the way to cracking wep stage, but NEVER CRACKS WEP, i have let the ivs count get up to 120,000 and still doesnt crack the wep.

Default Re: Backtrack 4 r1, PErsistant usb install, SpoonWEP bugs

Sounds like a bug with Spoonwep rather than BackTrack. Moved here.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Default Re: Backtrack 4 r1, PErsistant usb install, SpoonWEP bugs

Pretty sure the spoon apps don't work with the latest backtrack.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69