Thread: [Video Sis 3 Mirage 672 / USB Realtek RTL8187B] - need help BT4 R1 USB

Default [Video Sis 3 Mirage 672 / USB Realtek RTL8187B] - need help BT4 R1 USB

Hi all,

I'm still a total noob regarding BT and linux, and although i search alot and get some thinghs done, not always i understand exactly what i did, or how i did it..

So, i kindly ask for your help on this issues..

I have a clevo m72sr, and my video card it's a awful SiS 672..

Although the card it's not the best, i've managed to install it at full res. using this driver, but, when i startx it always does an odd looking screen flash that doesn't seem healthy at all to the monitor before go to GUI.. can this be solved?

Also, i have 2 rtl8187 (one internal, one USB), that according to this post, i can use them using internal bt4 drivers.. but the problem is i can't autostart them.. everytime i boot i need to: rmmod r8187; modprobe rtl8187; dhclient; start network...
    can i have this done automaticly?
    Also, due to rmmod; modprobe i can't set one card to internet and the other to injection.. i'd appreciate some help..

I'm sorry if my english gets confusing, i'm portguese, but if something is confusing, please ask and i'll retry to explain..

Thanx!

Default Re: [Video Sis 3 Mirage 672 / USB Realtek RTL8187B] - need help BT4 R1 USB

The 8187's should work by default. Are you running a network manager?

Have you confirmed they're not running in lsmod prior to rmmod?

Default Re: [Video Sis 3 Mirage 672 / USB Realtek RTL8187B] - need help BT4 R1 USB

Quote Originally Posted by ceefus View Post
    The 8187's should work by default. Are you running a network manager?

Have you confirmed they're not running in lsmod prior to rmmod?
    Hi, i'm still too noob to understand lsmod, rmmod, modprobe, etc.. i just followed instructions not knowing exactly what i was doing.. so, obviously i really don't understand the question.. but, as you said, and it got me "years" to understand, yes, now it's running r8187 by default, and after enabling monitor mode, it probes like a charm..

But, i still can't manage to have one card with r8187 and the 2nd with rtl8187 to access internet, and test access.. much less, automated.. is this possible? i think i've read somewhere that we can't have both.. but i'd love a comment on this..

Another thing, anybody knows anything about those odd screen flashes at gui (startx) startup?.. I've had the same problem running BT4 live CD on my other laptop using a Nvidia G 103M.. i've googled about this, but had no results, i think it's due to bad translation.. Being native Portuguese, i think i'm not using the right words.