Thread: Instaling backtrack with a partition error

Just burned his ISO

Default Instaling backtrack with a partition error

Im booting backtrack 4final from a usb since my computer im using does not have a cd drive but anyways when i go to install bt4 to my computer i want it to dual boot win7 and bt4. When i get to step 4 i think it is where i get to decide how much space i want to choice to dedicate to bt4. When i move on to forward to the next step i get a error when it tries to partition.

Default Re: Instaling backtrack with a partition error

Quote Originally Posted by Ace2020boyd View Post
    When i get to step 4 i think it is where i get to decide how much space i want to choice to dedicate to bt4. When i move on to forward to the next step i get a error when it tries to partition.
    "an error"? Are you going to tell us what the error says?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Angry Re: Instaling backtrack with a partition error

I start the install and the partitioner starts up and shows me the "prepare disk space" screen. I can see xppro and I set the amount I want for each. Then I click forward.

I have and error that comes up in the "resize operation" phase. It says "and error occurred while writing the changes to the storage devices. The resize operation has been aborted". Right before I get the error I get a pop up that says I need to save changes and can only choose ok or cancel/abort I believe.

Any ideas how to get around this problem so I can set up a dual boot with BT4 and xp pro?

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Instaling backtrack with a partition error

Well, It was some issue with setting up dual boot with windows xp on that same drive. I had another drive I popped in and just installed BT on it alone and it works fine. Still, I am curious to know what was causing that error..