Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: School I got kicked out of is paying me to hack back into the network

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: School I got kicked out of is paying me to hack back into the network

Regardless of whether this is legit or not do you not think that it is probably best that you do what you are being paid for and if this is legit use this as a opportunity to learn!

B.
    Always learning....

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: School I got kicked out of is paying me to hack back into the network

For those of you who want to know why he asked. It is because he knows there are still holes in the network, and every time he complains to IT they go over his head and complain and nothing gets fixed. He wants me to try and get in the system and write up a report that he can show, so things do get fixed.
    I also have the added benefit of using him as a reference, which for a student starting college with nothing on my resume, is pretty good.

And I do want to use this as an opportunity to learn, as this will me my area of study, and my career path.

Interesting scenario. On the bright side, this experience will look good on your resume regardless of the background and how the job came about.

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

But how is "Hacking" legit or legal under any law of the USA.
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

Developer

I'm still laughing and its the next morning. Great material!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Total fail. I mean really I don't believe anyone of us (who has a bit of common sense) believes this story.
    As lupin mentioned there seems to be a lot of details missing in this so called contract. Even if the person giving the contract out, has never done such a thing before. In addition the grammar in the so called document seems a little lacking for a Principal, of a High School.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Eatme View Post
    But how is "Hacking" legit or legal under any law of the USA.
    The definition of "hacking" or "hacker" isn't necessarily a bad thing/bad person. That's a myth created by the media.

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Snayler View Post
    The definition of "hacking" or "hacker" isn't necessarily a bad thing/bad person. That's a myth created by the media.
    yes, I agree and I'm already aware. But I don't think the OP is making the right decision, especially with a "under the table" contract.
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

Quote Originally Posted by Eatme View Post
    yes, I agree and I'm already aware. But I don't think the OP is making the right decision, especially with a "under the table" contract.
    I believe no one thinks this is a good idea, except the OP ($$$).

Heh, wiped my glasses whether i am seeing well...

You must be lucky, you are about to get a contract to do something you don't even know how to do, since you are asking for help here. (this doesn't mean i am more clever then you in this matter)
    Simply, your former teacher (or is it an admin, since he is concerning about security) asked you to assess the security of High school's network and write up the report.
    So they don't bother about his reports/compliants, but all of sudden they will after reading your report :-D

Good reading, btw.
    ,, It's the flower of light in the field of darkness that's giving me the strength to carry on.,,
    Eli says:,,No, it's, uh, Johnny Cash, Live at Folsom Prison,,

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast