Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: [Script] [Video] wiffy (v0.1)

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

Default Re: [Script] [Video] wiffy (v0.1)

Quote Originally Posted by g0tmi1k View Post
    Thanks for the thanks & feedback. Good to hear its works, even better with both modes (=
    It currently only saves the handshake IF the pass-phrase ISN'T in the word-list.
    Is there a reason why you're wanting to keep it afterwords?
    The cap file can be found here: /tmp/wiffy-01.cap

*.cap = capture file in *any* format
    *.pcap = capture file in libpcap format

airodump-ng outputs "pcap, ivs, csv, gps, kismet, netxml". "mv wiffy.cap wiffy.pcap" SHOULDN'T corrupt

Im not 100% sure what you mean but wiffy has always been designed to put as much 'temp' file as it can into /tmp/wiffy*.whyitwasmade, and the only reason why the cap files are "saved" is when the pass-phrase isn't in the word-list, it is then moved into the same folder as wiffy.

So im a little bit confused with what you're saying (about it breaking?), as I don't remember doing what you say does (please correct me if I'm wrong as I would like to fix something if I've broken it!)
    Well yes, If I can remember well actually I don't know what version it was, (had to be between v14-16) I was able to to edit the DIR to where the .cap file would save after "trying" to crack a password. After updating to the latest version it would not save to the DIR I wanted it to anymore, instead it would save to wherever wiffy is located at. I do remember before doing this it would save in the /tmp/ folder now it doesn't even do that.

Not too much of a biggy in my preference, but I save all my .cap files in one folder.

Thanks for the missing info about the .pcap file that I wasn't aware of.
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

Just burned his ISO

So I updated the script and made my wordlist bigger. I placed the key at several places both in the start, middle & end. I also tried to just have it in the end. But I still get the same inconsistency in the cracking. Is there any information you might want?

Quote Originally Posted by Eatme View Post
    Well yes, If I can remember well actually I don't know what version it was, (had to be between v14-16) I was able to to edit the DIR to where the .cap file would save after "trying" to crack a password. After updating to the latest version it would not save to the DIR I wanted it to anymore, instead it would save to wherever wiffy is located at. I do remember before doing this it would save in the /tmp/ folder now it doesn't even do that.

Not too much of a biggy in my preference, but I save all my .cap files in one folder.

Thanks for the missing info about the .pcap file that I wasn't aware of.
    Sorry, I still don't fully understand
    As I said, all the files it creates/uses, can be found in /tmp/wiffy*.whyitwasmade.

It creates a cap file to capture the handshake in /tmp/wiffy*.cap.
    Now...
    If it WAS crack, it deletes the cap file. else....
    If it WASN'T crack because the pass-phrase wasn't in the word-list, THEN it moves the cap file in the same folder as wiffy.sh with the ESSID at the end.
    It has always been like this.

Now, if you want the location to be different to the wiffy folder, replace "/path/to/where/you/want/", with what you want
    Code:
    action "Moving capture" "mv -f /tmp/wiffy*.cap /path/to/where/you/want/wiffy-$essid.cap"
    I've downloaded #14-16, and compared all of them, even run each of them, and I still don't understand/see what the issue is. Sorry!

Can I ask, why do you want to keep all the cap files anyway?
    Have you...g0tmi1k?

Good friend of the forums Eatme's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by g0tmi1k View Post
    Sorry, I still don't fully understand
    As I said, all the files it creates/uses, can be found in /tmp/wiffy*.whyitwasmade.

It creates a cap file to capture the handshake in /tmp/wiffy*.cap.
    Now...
    If it WAS crack, it deletes the cap file. else....
    If it WASN'T crack because the pass-phrase wasn't in the word-list, THEN it moves the cap file in the same folder as wiffy.sh with the ESSID at the end.
    It has always been like this.

Now, if you want the location to be different to the wiffy folder, replace "/path/to/where/you/want/", with what you want
    Code:
    action "Moving capture" "mv -f /tmp/wiffy*.cap /path/to/where/you/want/wiffy-$essid.cap"
    I've downloaded #14-16, and compared all of them, even run each of them, and I still don't understand/see what the issue is. Sorry!

Can I ask, why do you want to keep all the cap files anyway?
    Im aware of everything you said as well how the script works, but as I said, this custom location doesn't work anymore well as for me it doesn't. Even If I change the location it still saves the cap file in the same location as wiffy, but its not too much of a problem for me.
    -OK found out the problem, I had to remove "$(pwd)". Thing is, I never had to do this in the previous versions. Thanks for pointing that out.

I save all cap files for later use in case I get a hold of a new password list i want to test out, before adding my password to the list I run it 1st to see if its in there for my 2 cents. -Its exciting to see if my password are in public password lists.. ;] Therefore I can make it stronger.
    Last edited by Eatme; 09-20-2010 at 12:14 AM.
    Wiffy-Auto-Cracker - was the best thing that ever happen to me. :) Wo0oT :)
    AWUSO36H_500mW_5dBi Antenna

aireplay-ng -5 + Packetforge-ng automation would be absolutley wicked!

I tend to use those quite abit

Quote Originally Posted by jonathan11 View Post
    I just tried to run the script for 10 times, where 4 of them was successfull.
    The wordlist only contains 5 words where my key is in the middle, I will make it bigger and see what will happen.
    I got the latest version.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathan11 View Post
    So I updated the script and made my wordlist bigger. I placed the key at several places both in the start, middle & end. I also tried to just have it in the end. But I still get the same inconsistency in the cracking. Is there any information you might want?
    Sorry, I didn't refresh my page before posting (I wasn't ignoring you!)
    Yes, I have a few things you can try:

Watch the script "carefully". When it tries to detects the handshake, you *should* see a message in the top right "saying WPA Handshake: xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx" (Would *kinda of* look like this: http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/7...ktrack7um0.jpg). It *should* say that before the window closes (might have to try the script a few times). I'm guessing it does, else it *shouldn't* let you continue... but you never know (= *Just want to check/cover everything*

Now...try the script (#17). Does it create "wiffy.key" in the same folder as wiffy.sh? Does that have your key in?

If it doesn't then, open up wiffy.sh in a text editor (e.g. kate), edit line 108, and place a "#" in front, so it looks like:
    Code:
    #if [ -e "/tmp/wiffy.key" ] ; then command="$command /tmp/wiffy.key" ; fi
    Try the script again, after its done its thing, open /tmp/wiffy.key, see if that has your key in it (or even if it exists!)

If that doesn't work, try and to do the cracking manually!
    Code:
    aircrack-ng wiffy*.cap -w /pentest/passwords/wordlists/wpa.txt
    *may not work, depends on your setup. If you want a better idea, try running wiffy with -V*!

Quote Originally Posted by irunwithscissors View Post
    Just trying wiffy #17
    While it is listing more than #5 did on its scan, it is still misidentifying some of the devices... I'm getting WPA devices being reported as WEP...

Num | ESSID | BSSID | Protected | Cha | Quality
    -----|--------------------------|-------------------|-----------|-----|---------
    1 | doritomafia | C0:3F:0E:BA:CAE | on (WEP) | 1 | 30/70
    2 | ViiWii | 00:1E:58:E9:2E5 | on (WEP) | 2 | 28/70
    3 | Carolesys | 00:23:69:97:53:AF | on (WEP) | 6 | 44/70

Num | ESSID | BSSID | Protected | Cha | Quality
    -----|--------------------------|-------------------|-----------|-----|---------
    1 | doritomafia | C0:3F:0E:BA:CAE | on (WEP) | 1 | 37/70
    2 | ViiWii | 00:1E:58:E9:2E5 | on (WEP) | 2 | 28/70
    3 | Carolesys | 00:23:69:97:53:AF | on (WPA) | 6 | 50/70

the two in question are 1 and 3... Number two is a WEP device.. Number one is a WPA device and is consistently labelled as WEP. Number 3 is a WPA device...

These show up correctly if using airodump-ng
    Short answer is that it's been fix in #18.

Quote Originally Posted by Eatme View Post
    Im aware of everything you said as well how the script works, but as I said, this custom location doesn't work anymore well as for me it doesn't. Even If I change the location it still saves the cap file in the same location as wiffy, but its not too much of a problem for me.
    -OK found out the problem, I had to remove "$(pwd)". Thing is, I never had to do this in the previous versions. Thanks for pointing that out.

I save all cap files for later use in case I get a hold of a new password list i want to test out, before adding my password to the list I run it 1st to see if its in there for my 2 cents. -Its exciting to see if my password are in public password lists.. ;] Therefore I can make it stronger.
    Sorry, I didn't understand fully, it was my way of trying to help without knowing. Anyway, i'm glad it's now working for you (= Tho it's odd that you didn't have to remove "$(pwd), but hey. It works now (=

I see now! Good Strategy! And I've added your (and parrotface) idea into the next release (#18) (though it will be disabled by default! =D

Quote Originally Posted by RexBudman View Post
    aireplay-ng -5 + Packetforge-ng automation would be absolutley wicked!

I tend to use those quite abit
    I will see what I can do.
    I couldn't get chopchop (-4) or fragment (-5) to work on my old WiFi router/network, so it would of been hard to code this, without been able to try it! Since my last try, I've got a new WiFi router, so if I get the time Ill see whats what (=
    Have you...g0tmi1k?

Ohh that would be absolutley awesome!

I wish I had your coding skills m1lky

g0tmi1k,
    awesome bash scripting brotha! All of us are learning tons from you, keep it up!

Not sure if i'm blind, but I can't find the updates mentioned in the more recent posts. #14 through #18? The only links I can find to the wiffy.sh shows:

Code:
    #wiffy.sh v0.1 (#5 2010-09-13)  
    # (C)opyright 2010 - g0tmi1k
    Where are the newer ones? Thanks again milky, great work!
    Last edited by yeehawjared; 09-24-2010 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RexBudman View Post
    Ohh that would be absolutley awesome!

I wish I had your coding skills m1lky
    Quote Originally Posted by yeehawjared View Post
    g0tmi1k,
    awesome bash scripting brotha! All of us are learning tons from you, keep it up!

Not sure if i'm blind, but I can't find the updates mentioned in the more recent posts. #14 through #18? The only links I can find to the wiffy.sh shows:

Code:
    #wiffy.sh v0.1 (#5 2010-09-13)
    # (C)opyright 2010 - g0tmi1k
    Where are the newer ones? Thanks again milky, great work!
    Thanks for the thanks!
    The first post in the thread/blog post has links to the "stable" version. From this, you can choose to update it by doing what cseven said, adding -u. (no direct links will be posted)
    Also, just like cseven said, you can *see* all the updates by using that link - just in-case the latest version doesn't work for you
    *I'm currently porting all my scripts to googlecode, which will replace the mediafire hosting.*

Quote Originally Posted by cseven View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply cseven!
    On the note of "updating"...
    #19 is just out!
    Added 'Benchmarking' - Thanks eatme for the idea
    Added new WEP attacks (ChopChop, Fragrment & Interactive) - Thanks RexBudman for the idea
    Fix 'mac address' bug - Thanks eatme for reporting it
    Improved client detection (WEP & WPA) & handshake capture (WPA)
    Improved internal workings
    Improved 'Update'
    Updated 'Checks'
    Updated 'Help' screen
    Have you...g0tmi1k?

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast