Thread: BT4 Error after aireplay-3- b bssis wlan0 "fail to write"no space left on system

Just burned his ISO

Default BT4 Error after aireplay-3- b bssis wlan0 "fail to write"no space left on system

Hi guys,

Running BT4 from a Live CD.

I've been looking in google and the documentation abut I don't see my problem listed anywere.

After I run aireplay-ng -3 -b bssid wlan0, after the data packets reach 25K I get an error fwrite fail no space left on system. I have 8G free on my hard drive so I don't know what can be the issue.

Can someone walk me in the right direction pls? I'll be taking the penetration certs soon so I need to get this running for my test

Thanks!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: BT4 Error after aireplay-3- b bssis wlan0 "fail to write"no space left on system

Try reading the error message and then, try reversing the problem. See also the aircrack-ng documents.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: BT4 Error after aireplay-3- b bssis wlan0 "fail to write"no space left on system

I was able to crack my wep in wmare insteads of the live cd and it worked just fine.

char* home = {0x65, 0x61, 0x72, 0x74, 0x68};

Default AW: BT4 Error after aireplay-3- b bssis wlan0 "fail to write"no space left on system

Is your network interface in monitor mode?

(Because if I set my wifi0 into monitor mode i'll get a new interface named mon0 which is monitor mode enabled)

Default Re: AW: BT4 Error after aireplay-3- b bssis wlan0 "fail to write"no space left on sy

Quote Originally Posted by h3d0x View Post
    Is your network interface in monitor mode?

(Because if I set my wifi0 into monitor mode i'll get a new interface named mon0 which is monitor mode enabled)
    I have to disagree. The problem is related to the memory available, I believe. And you can use wlan0 if you issue a "iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor" command, instead of using airmon-ng (which will "create" a new interface).

char* home = {0x65, 0x61, 0x72, 0x74, 0x68};

Default AW: BT4 Error after aireplay-3- b bssis wlan0 "fail to write"no space left on system

Yes, sure you can use iwconfig, but i said how I set my device into monitor mode

Increase your RAM if it's to few ..

Just burned his ISO

try monitor mod
    Code:
    airmon-ng
    then
    copy the wlanX
    Code:
    airmon-ng wlanX
    replace (X) with the number that showen in airmon-ng
    may work if the problem was with RAM

If you run 'df -h' you'll see that you don't have any space. To get around this you can install BT on a USB drive and go persistent or you can mount a volume and cd to it prior to getting your cap.

Just burned his ISO

I experienced exactly the same problem as you did. And I found that it wasn't the captured packets those consumed the RAM space, but the packets those I sent out to replay.

I solved this by using the --ivs switch in airodump-ng to have only the IVs saved. Here is how the command looks like:

airodump-ng -c 1 -w filename --bssid 00:11:22:33:44:55 --ivs mon0

Be advised that the file will be saved in .ivs, instead of .cap.

You may also save the file directly to your much larger physical drive. Then, the command above would be:

airodump-ng -c 1 -w /media/disk/filename --bssid 00:11:22:33:44:55 --ivs mon0

Good luck.