Thread: HELP: First time i installed cuda. Error: undefined symbol: cudaSetDeviceFlags

Default HELP: First time i installed cuda. Error: undefined symbol: cudaSetDeviceFlags

Hi !

I've just installed cuda on my Backtrack 4 R1 and when i tried to test it for the firts time i get this error:
    CUDA device GeForce 9400 GT found, multiprocessors = 2, GPU rate = 0.07./crark: symbol lookup error: ./crark: undefined symbol: cudaSetDeviceFlags
    Any idea how to fix this, please ?

Thank you !

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: HELP: First time i installed cuda. Error: undefined symbol: cudaSetDeviceFlags

Might want to look for the cuda guide by purehate it is listed on the main site in the tutorial section or on the offensive security site.
    It is a bit dated but it will provide invaluable insight.
    To be successful here you should read all of the following.
    ForumRules
    ForumFAQ
    If you are new to Back|Track
    Back|Track Wiki
    Failure to do so will probably get your threads deleted or worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Archangel-Amael View Post
    Might want to look for the cuda guide by purehate it is listed on the main site in the tutorial section or on the offensive security site.
    It is a bit dated but it will provide invaluable insight.
    I can't get CUDA to work after that tutorial so i followed the steps provided by Sylvestor2002 from this tutorial:
    http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...a-9400-gt.html

I have downloaded and installed all the *.run files from the provider sites. All updated.
    I installed from synaptic only nvidia-driver (even i installed that .run file , because i do not install also that nvidia driver .run file , the nvidia-driver from synaptic will not work to me showing each time errors that x is not configured , but if i backup it and setup the new one like nvidia-driver says, the x will not be valid anymore so when startx it will show to me just errors). I do not install cuda toolkit from synaptic because now my nvidia driver control panel shows that all is working fine. If i install it then i get the same error with the x which is not well configured (even if x server is closed).

So, my cuda is working fine : the nvidia driver control panel says that.
    But i still get this error which i am talking about.

Hi !

Situation 1
    I tried to enable make Backtrack 4 R1 to use cuda following a tutorial found on this forum but it didn't work. When i try to run crark i get this error:
    CUDA device GeForce 9400 GT found, multiprocessors = 2, GPU rate = 0.07./crark: symbol lookup error: ./crark: undefined symbol: cudaSetDeviceFlags
    This is the error i get when i try to run GPU programs. When i open the nvidia control panel i get no errors !

Situation 2
    Otherwiseif i install all packages from Backtrack synaptic, nvidia driver won't work at all:
    when i open the driver control panel it says i must stop X and run "nvidia-xconfig" for using the driver, but if i do that then the xorg.conf will become invalid and x fail to start saying: "Error: any screens found" so i must restore xorg.conf from the backup i just made in order to startx successfully.
    It means, by restoring back the xorg.conf from the backup, i will not be able to use the nvidia driver again.

Any help ideas please ? Any help would be appreciated !

Thank you very much !
    Last edited by Archangel-Amael; 09-12-2010 at 01:17 PM.

Default Re: HELP: First time i installed cuda. Error: undefined symbol: cudaSetDeviceFlags

Merged this new thread with the existing one. Dont make new threads on existing topics please.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Quote Originally Posted by lupin View Post
    Merged this new thread with the existing one. Dont make new threads on existing topics please.
    You moved it,...it is ok, but could you answer to my problem too ? How can i fix it ?

Thank you !

Banned

Default Hello Thanks

For the exelent info

I'll be back in a bit.

Thanks again!

Have a safe and fruitful year!!!

rug cleaning austin