Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how to prepare senao 2511 for BT2?

Just burned his ISO

Default how to prepare senao 2511 for BT2?

hi:
    i am using windows a lot but using Linux a little.when i try to put senao to work with BT2 ,it has version 1.8 so i change it to 1.74, but when i see it BT2 it read the card as eth1, and i read that if it appear as eth1 that mean you use Orinco driver and that dont support by bt and you should see wlan1 instead of eth1 to know it is OK, so how can i make it read wlan or how can i prepare it to crack WEP?
    thanks

this is exactly how i haft to set my senao card.
    take your card out-
    command:
    rmmod orinoco_pci [ENTER]
    rmmod orinoco_cs [ENTER]
    rmmod orinoco [ENTER]
    rmmod hermes [ENTER]
    modprobe hostap_cs [ENTER]
    put your card back in.

Just burned his ISO

hi:
    thanks for your replay...
    i tried to do that but there are error in first stage "Module Orinoco_pci does not exist in proc/modules"
    so i skip it and complete the other and its work . Thanks and my wlan and wifi apear.here i have two qustions:
    - is that any error in what i do?
    - which interface i use wlan or wifi( i though its wlan)

Thanks again and appreciate

Just burned his ISO

hi:
    thanks for your replay...
    i tried to do that but there are error in first stage "Module Orinoco_pci does not exist in proc/modules"
    so i skip it and complete the other and its work . Thanks and my wlan and wifi apear.here i have two qustions:
    - is that any error in what i do?
    - which interface i use wlan or wifi( i though its wlan)

Thanks again and appreciate

that first step i haft to do for some reason. you dont need to remove mod orinoco_pci if your getting an error.skipping that first step is ok. i use wlan0 in managed mode for the net, wlan0 in monitor mode for collecting ivs for cracking and wifi0 in monitor mode for injecting packets.

Just burned his ISO

thanks again dear...
    so did u mean that when i use airodump i use wlan and when i use aireplay i use wifi? and also if the destination AP has MAC filtering can i use one of the already associated station and take their MAC , and if so can two machines with same MAC address associated with one AP?

Thanks again for your help

Just burned his ISO

hi:
    thanks again dear...
    did u mean that when i use airoplay i use wlan and if i use aireplay i use wifi?
    also if the destination AP has MAC filtiring can i use one of the associated stations ? and if so can 2 machines with same mac associated with one AP?
    thanks again for your help

i use wlan for everything besides (aireplay / --deauth) but aireplay-ng --arpreplay i use wlan. great Tutorial here http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...t=1556&page=11 follow it and everything will soon be clear to you. the reason i use wifi0 for (aireplay / --deauth) is because the packets are malformed with wlan0 which are no good to me. another thing, you dont need to inject to crack your wep. i cracked mine and a friends wep without even injecting any packets.

Just burned his ISO

Sorry for bothering u Baxter...
    i do as u say and may be all think is ok . but till now i can't make the injection step? i know that my target AP is use wep and mac and i take one from associated station and change my mac to that one but unfortuntly i can't associate my wlan to that AP and aireplay-ng display a list of possible reasons one of them is "may your card not patched for injection" is there any further steps i must do it to patch my senao 2511 to make it work, other than the step u told me:
    rmmod orinoco_cs [ENTER]
    rmmod orinoco [ENTER]
    rmmod hermes [ENTER]
    modprobe hostap_cs [ENTER]

thanks

Heu Hayder, your not bothering me. make sure your in monitor mode for injection, type iwconfig to find which device it is. mine says wlan0. so my command will look like this, iwconfig wlan0 mode monitor
    when you start BT you'l need to type those (rmmod) commands in again to get back into hostap drivers but im not sure how to keep them that way. Find out what version firmware your card has. 1.7.4 is your best bet. i have it to upload if you need it. i think thats about it, im a noob too so im still learning myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast