Thread: Dwl-122 & Bt2

Default Dwl-122 & Bt2

Can anyone tell me how to get this working with BT2. I just upgraded from BT2 Beta. I didn't have any problems with this card with the Beta version. When I plug in the usb device and do
    #dmesg | tail
    I see nothing in there about prism2_usb
    #modprobe prism_usb
    Returns modules not found. I've even tried using:
    #wlanctl-ng wlan0 lnxreq_ifstate ifstate=enable
    Says device is not found.

DWL-122 (USB Stick)
    Prism Chipset
    wlanng (prism2_usb) driver

Another note: For anyone else with this device. Though the DWL-122 uses wlanng drivers that have pathces. Packet injection for use with aireplay-ng is no longer supported in later 2.6.11 kernels in USB devices. There is no fix for this.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by tybalt View Post

Another note: For anyone else with this device. Though the DWL-122 uses wlanng drivers that have pathces. Packet injection for use with aireplay-ng is no longer supported in later 2.6.11 kernels in USB devices. There is no fix for this.
    What makes you say that? You can't even get your device loaded to test your theory...

I just purchased a DWL-122 and it's plug and play for me, and yes I can packet inject.

I have tried packet injection on various distros. Patched and compiled drivers on FC5 and have used BT2 Beta. All with no success with the DWL-122. I didn't have any problems with Beta being able to detect my card. Final version does nothing for me. May I ask how you got injection to work. What distro are you using? I couldn't even get FakeAuth to work at all with aireplay. This was my original card I planned on using for testing WEP. After endless hours on my box. I later was told that injection support for prism2_usb devices was no longer supported with later 2.6.11 kernels. As I patched and compiled my own drivers with no errors. I assumed this to be true.

wlanng is not on bt2final. You'll have to roll your own.

I've got a dwl-122, also. It never had much range. I haven't plugged mine in in several years. Mine is the older version that uses prism2_usb. I understand the newer ones have a different chipset. (?)

Good Luck

Yeah, I must agree. The range on this ain't all the best. That's why I've modded mine for use with an external antenna. Pulled out a pigtail from my BEFW11S4 router and used that along with one of the antennas from the AP. This made a HUGE difference. Just be using the stock 3dBi antenna I've picked up quite a few more AP's i range. The use of the pigtail makes it real nice for another 9dBi antenna later. Don't use this device much. Just for basically kismet and ICS

rausb0, that is, working seamlessly with Backtrack 2 Beta. Mine monitors & injects without a problem.
    Hardware Version B1, right?

No, I don't have revision B1. My device shows as wlan0 in iwconfig. This is a prism2.5 chipset.

Just to clarify... I have a DWL-122 card. Not the newer DWL-G122