Thread: 54e speed

Just burned his ISO

Default 54e speed

I have been testing around to crack a AP with 54e speed but cannot success. Is it difference technique to crack 54e and 54. speed ? I have same problem with 54. speed AP

airodump doc says:

The dot (after 54 above) indicates short preamble is supported. Displays “e” following the MB speed value if the network has QoS enabled.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: 54e speed

this question is pretty much air crack related and i d suggest u ask it in aircrack forums to crack A AP, and honestly why to test to crack a access point. it is encryption . if its wep its crackable if its wpa its harder to crack and wpa2 +16 chr is seriously hard to crack without a massive distributed password attack(even with it)
    CCNA-CCNP-CCSP-CEH-MCP(! ya ya in old good days there was mcp-winsock)
    may the big penguin rape you in your dreams if you abuse your knowledge

Default Re: 54e speed

I've encoutered this problem and i would like to share what worked and what didn't. Arp-replay attack did not work for me. Injection of arp packets to speed up the data capture didn't seem to work, and as no clients were connected (my own network) no data packets were flowing. However, using grimwepa 0.61 with fragmentation attack worked like a charm. If anyone runs into this issue with 54e wep encrypted networks and arp-replay attack fails to speed up the data capture, then try the --fragmentation attack and if that fails, try to --chopchop attack after successfully performing a fake authentication attack.

Quote Originally Posted by innlet View Post
    I have been testing around to crack a AP with 54e speed but cannot success. Is it difference technique to crack 54e and 54. speed ? I have same problem with 54. speed AP

airodump doc says:

The dot (after 54 above) indicates short preamble is supported. Displays “e” following the MB speed value if the network has QoS enabled.