Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: free online wpa cracker project idea

Default Re: free online wpa cracker project idea

Gitsnik, I agree with everything your saying except charging people. I think that if I did start charging people would choose someone like Moxie's or Purehate's service over some guy who's only been in the scene for a year or less. Also, a main goal of this project, for me is to get the community working together more. Right now, all I see is individuals doing their own thing quite often working on projects that have already been done to death (wep cracker anyone?). I see a lot of potential if people work together on new projects rather than repeating history.

Ive gotten a few things crossed off the todo list so I guess its time for another update:

Project stuff:
    -Forums: Online, should be working but I haven't tested yet
    -Wordlist selecting: Done...ish. I want to allow people to upload their own lists and auto update the list
    -Email on completion: Done on the server, not on the script
    -Profiling: area code based phone numbers only at the moment, not in script yet

People stuff:
    -GingerP, havent heard from you in a while
    -Sorbo: unfortunately doesn't have a lot of time at the moment, but we have been chatting, and I have had some nice new ideas as a result and he has shared some source from his site.

On a side note my cracking server is out of commission at the moment, this sucks for anyone wanting handshakes cracked in the immediate future, but it did force me to work on the webpage a bit, so I'll take it as a blessing in disguise.
    A true gentleman, a good hearty guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CKing View Post
    Right now, all I see is individuals doing their own thing quite often working on projects that have already been done to death (wep cracker anyone?). I see a lot of potential if people work together on new projects rather than repeating history.
    Well said, CKing. I absolutely agree with your point.

Project stuff:
    -Forums: Online, should be working but I haven't tested yet
    Tested and registered. The forum works, I'm just waiting to see my posts unlocked. Suggestion: Let's use your website as main website for our project, CKing. I see that most of the tools and website navigation features are already implemented, we can polish things up once the main goals have been achieved. What I'd love to see is if GingerP would contribute and merge with your website instead of launching his own though. I already sent him a PM about my thoughts, maybe we'll all finally pull on the same end of the rope.

Wordlist selecting: Done...ish. I want to allow people to upload their own lists and auto update the list
    So, what I'm getting from this is that users of our service can chose from multiple wordlists. Once the handshake has been pentested by one specific wordlist and the pass hasn't been found, the user has to visit our site again and select the next wordlist. Hm.. please correct me if I'm not getting it right, but what's the concept behind doing so? Wouldn't it be better to offer one large wordlist?

-Email on completion: Done on the server, not on the script
    -Profiling: area code based phone numbers only at the moment, not in script yet
    Now that's something I consider important as well. Thanks for implementing it, CKing!

People stuff:
    -GingerP, havent heard from you in a while
    -Sorbo: unfortunately doesn't have a lot of time at the moment, but we have been chatting, and I have had some nice new ideas as a result and he has shared some source from his site.
    Hopefully we'll get a response from GingerP sometime soon. If you're reading this, sorbo: THANKS for contributing!

SecUpwN
    Last edited by SecUpwN; 02-09-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Concept behind wordlist selecting is I was tired when I wrote the new upload form and I was just trying to remember the stuff I wanted to add, but there is logic to it; selecting which wordlist to use is useful when I'm sifting through data trying to find out which wordlists are most efficient(no point in wasting resources on passwords no-one uses), and I can put in options for default credentials, and as a last resort I might add a massive wordlist option for people interested in donating.

We should move technical discussions to the forums on my site but general info and updates will remain on this forum because the whole project was originally aimed at backtrack users and technical people that would be valuable to the team read these forums.
    A true gentleman, a good hearty guy.

Code:
    One more thing is I might offer to join forces with this Sorbo character who created a site similar to mine at http://wpa.darkircop.org/
    I haven't contacted this guy yet but we seem to be thinking alike and I'm a guy that hates redundancy with a passion so, why not?
    This appears to be a school/university project and as far as i know they only have a maximum 49 MLN wordlist. You can see the cracking results: most cracked passphrases are 10/12 chars. But their wordlist is probably about 1 GB(insidepro.txt), on the net there is a 13 GB's wpa list floating, haven't tried them yet, though.
    Last edited by TheFlyingDutchMan; 03-14-2011 at 01:49 PM.

happy hunting!!!

Really great idea but purehate is right..

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567