Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: free online wpa cracker project idea

Default Re: free online wpa cracker project idea

Quote Originally Posted by Sulegna View Post
    Total n00b question here, but to clarify, you need to be on the same network as the victim computer, correct? So, being on the same WiFi network would suffice?

Cheers,
    - Sulegna -
    No one needs to be ON the network, you will need to be near it with a client connected to capture a handshake, you would then upload the handshake to the website.
    A true gentleman, a good hearty guy.

what's about connecting thousands of PC over internet to calculate/crack handshakes like SETI@home does. the free programm downloads and analyzes radio telescope data, so why not do it in the same way as SETI?

i think only a central server is needed with fast internet-connection and the dictionaries saved at.

just a thought early in the morning...

I had this exact same thought.....

I have 100 machines at work and tested a distribution and collection program to share the load between all machines, I tested it on 5 machines each (only) getting 2000 k/s but once scalable to the internet the combined speed should be massive....

This would seem to the the route to go to have true scalability.... particularly if the community support it. (or just write a botnet!!), all the costs are shared by the users of the system (except the main server)

Developer

The bandwidth for this is much to high, we have all thought of it and even tried it and at this point it is not really possible.

LOL @ purehate trying to talk them out of it. But he is right about the work this will involve. I started to set up the "seti style" thing for my little group and just gave up. The hosting would be insane.

@Purehate

I have a program which will generate a 10bn dictionary for SKY SSID (you input the SSID and channel and out comes 1521 files of 3 character codes this is then appended to a base dictionary of all A-Z for 5 characters).

My thought (I am going to test this ) is to utilise 100 machines (each will aircrack at 2000k/s)..

I reckon this will take just short of a day to complete.... my question is this will utlise minimal bandwith (if we pretend these are not LAN machines - the largest data is the static 100mb (26^5) dictionary), woudl this not be the route to go with a SETI style cracker, i.e. having a base dictionary then permutations generated locally?

Also for the 10bn codes how long would this take your supercomputer?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by letmein View Post
    @Purehate

I have a program which will generate a 10bn dictionary for SKY SSID (you input the SSID and channel and out comes 1521 files of 3 character codes this is then appended to a base dictionary of all A-Z for 5 characters).

My thought (I am going to test this ) is to utilise 100 machines (each will aircrack at 2000k/s)..

I reckon this will take just short of a day to complete.... my question is this will utlise minimal bandwith (if we pretend these are not LAN machines - the largest data is the static 100mb (26^5) dictionary), woudl this not be the route to go with a SETI style cracker, i.e. having a base dictionary then permutations generated locally?

Also for the 10bn codes how long would this take your supercomputer?

Thanks

My machine cracks just under 100,000 a second. Your setup should double that in theory. Bandwidth would probably be brutalin any traditional setup. I think it would be best to divide the wordlist into equal parts for each computer and write a script to report a successful crack to the main computer. This would use next to no bandwidth. This post might not even make sense, I'm extremely exhausted after logging 75 work hours and hosting two very late poker nights.
    A true gentleman, a good hearty guy.

I've thought about this and I think I see where you are going, as I thought the same. Have a primary computer that accepts the capture files, master password list and master SSID list. The password list would have to be segmented to 'X' amount of people in the project (which could/might have to be hundreds). Then each project person would have to hash the master SSID list against their portion of the master password list. You would have to have an extremely 'smart' list of passwords because if you are going to run every combination up to 8-64 characters long you are going to spend an eternity getting a project like this off the ground.

OK... This may sound stupid... I'm new to wpa... but... Why can't we 'pass the hash' with wpa?

ok... another...thought.... Why not deauth them, setup up a rogue ap with their mac etc... and have them connect to it then have them re-enter their password?

I'm a noob to this sort of thing, just thinking outloud...

Very good friend of the forum Gitsnik's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sLiPpErY View Post
    OK... This may sound stupid... I'm new to wpa... but... Why can't we 'pass the hash' with wpa?
    Have a read up on how the 4 way handshake works in WPA versus how the 3 way crapshake works in SMB attacks, and then you can tell us
    Still not underestimating the power...

There is no such thing as bad information - There is truth in the data, so you sift it all, even the crap stuff.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast