Thread: Multiple fake ap's with fakeAP

Default Multiple fake ap's with fakeAP

Hello,

I cannot set my card into master mode, and all tuts and vids tell me I have to use master mode. Well after running a sucessful BASH script by Gotmilk, I can see that a fakeAP CAN INDEED be setup without me using a command to set my card into Master Mode, in which is unsucessful all the time.

After searching google and forums for at least 7 hours I have found myself writing a timid post in fear of reprisal however I believe my cause genuine.

I am running Backtrack 4 R1, RTL8187, and all installed to HDD.

My wish is to setup an array of fake access points which offer the user no where to go and I want to have more than one, I want multiple.

If comsoen can point me in the right direction, please, it would be a large help as my googlefu has certainly failed.

Default Re: Multiple fake ap's with fakeAP

Normally Id just delete a post if it prompted me to give the advice Im about to give, but this time Im going to allow it in the hope that others may see my response and be educated.

There is some crucial information missing from your post that will prevent anyone from helping you.

How did you try and put your card into monitor mode? What guides did you follow, and how did you try and resolve any problems that occurred? Did you get any error messages?

How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

You most likely would be in the right if you had deleted this thread. I did not provide the crucil information, and for that I apologise. Please understand the fact that I am fairly new, however not obliviant to the fact that posts need information, sorry, and thanks for taking the time to help.

The card I have is a RTL8187 Chipset, another alfa equivilent.

The commands I have used to put the card into master mode are;

ifconfig wlan0 down (wlan0 is interface for the RTL8187)
    iwconfig wlan0 mode master
    Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
    Set Failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid Argument.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Now like I had said previously, it seems it is possible for a fake AP to be set on the card considering the sucessful honeypot I ran and tested using GotMilks script.

So I was wondering if there were any packages in the suite that would setup an array of fake AP's without the need for me to set the card up in Master Mode, as it seems it cannot be done.

I've done a bit of googling this issue. I found a really good discussion Here. That post links to the following post here which implies that as of Feb 2010, RTL8187 doesn't support master mode. At least, from the sock kernel developers. I realize that the BT4 team does add some of the aircrack-ng patches to add monitor mode support to some of the drivers, so perhaps one of the "kernel developers" for BT4 can confirm/deny the existence of a patch which adds this support being used. However, if those links are to be trusted (the output of your commands is pretty compelling evidence in support) then you probably can't use master mode with that particular dongle.

Apologies if I'm way off, however. I don't have that particular chipset, so I can't do any experiments of my own.

Thanks for the reply.

I have read through the discussion, and am convinced it is the case. as my chipset most certainly allows for mon0 and packet injection.

Is there a program within the BT suite that allows for the setting up of multiple AP's? I had seen in a thread that fakeAP had that capability, but did not find a Howto in regards to its use.

Just burned his ISO