Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCM4312 not working :(

Just burned his ISO

Default BCM4312 not working :(

Hi at all, I'm new to Backtrack but no to Linux. I had installed backtrack for try it but i was not able to have wireless working
    My hardware is BCM4312 ( 14e4-4315 ) and OS Backtrack 4 Final.

First I had tryed with b43 driver but i get an error in dmesg: b43-phy0 ERROR: FOUND UNSUPPORTED PHY
    I had tryed to compile broadcom wl driver following readme but nothing happens when modprobe wl.(in dmesg does not change anything) ( b43 was blacklisted and ssb not present )
    Another test: I had installed jockey-gtk (Hardware Driver) but i can install only b43 Driver and it not work (whereas in Ubuntu i can install Broadcom Sta driver that it work ).
    I have read many tutorial and forum but i can't connect with wireless thanks a lot and sorry for my english

Default Re: BCM4312 not working :(

I'm sorry to say that the BCM cards are not really well supported within the BT community. I have Broadcom cards on most of my laptops, and I had to buy a USB card to allow myself to connect with a wireless connection.

Some of the BCM4312's work, others don't. The revision that you have is the one that I believe doesn't allow you to use the card. Go ahead and look at this for a quick overview of what cards work with what. Wireless Drivers | BackTrack Linux

Welcome to Backtrack.
    Common Knowledge: Username, "root". Password, "toor". "startx" gives you a GUI, and "fix-vesa" will fix BT if you have no GUI. Start networking with "/etc/init.d/networking start" and check your IP settings with "ifconfig -a". "dhclient" will automatically use DHCP for your IP. Google is your friend.

- Upgrade your Kernel -

Hi, I spent whole day yesterday to get wireless working. I have similar card on my Dell Insipiron 1525 laptop. The hybrid driver Broadcom has on its website didn't work either. after much searching I found a post right here on the forums... I am sorry but i don't have the link...but if you search here you should get it. I was able to get my wireless working after upgrading my kernel to 2.6.32.4.

Just burned his ISO

http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forum...5Brev1%5D.html

step by step on how to get BCM4312 cards working.

Quote Originally Posted by blackzero View Post
    - Upgrade your Kernel -

Hi, I spent whole day yesterday to get wireless working. I have similar card on my Dell Insipiron 1525 laptop. The hybrid driver Broadcom has on its website didn't work either. after much searching I found a post right here on the forums... I am sorry but i don't have the link...but if you search here you should get it. I was able to get my wireless working after upgrading my kernel to 2.6.32.4.
    Does injection work with the kernel upgrade?
    Common Knowledge: Username, "root". Password, "toor". "startx" gives you a GUI, and "fix-vesa" will fix BT if you have no GUI. Start networking with "/etc/init.d/networking start" and check your IP settings with "ifconfig -a". "dhclient" will automatically use DHCP for your IP. Google is your friend.

Just burned his ISO

ok thanks! I had not seen that thread, sorry. Injection I think that work ( in Ubuntu with same kernel and driver work ). I try as soon as possible

Just burned his ISO

injection does work with upgrade.

@ mrshrek Thanks for that post.

@ micole I was able to run monitor mode but when I try Injection I get follwing

Code:
    09:19:00  Waiting for beacon frame (BSSID: 00:15:6D:65:FB:55) on channel 6
    09:19:10  No such BSSID available.
    Probably I need to patch the module? I was able to get my WIC up without having to go through steps after kernel upgrade...

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by micole View Post
    Does injection work with the kernel upgrade?
    for the most part yes.

if you have any problems you will have to port this patch to what ever 2.6.32.x kernel you are using or use 2.6.32.2:

http://patches.aircrack-ng.org/mac80...radiotap.patch

blackzero, if you didn't do anything after the kernel update then you don't have the right firmware
    Last edited by mrshrek; 03-06-2010 at 05:21 PM.

I'll need to try and updating my kernel then. Hopefully it works for my revision of the card.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast