Thread: Problem with Linksys wireless card

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default Problem with Linksys wireless card

I purchased a Linksys wireless card (Linksys WPC54G v3) because the offensive0security.com website said that it's compatable. I plugged it in and restarted and I can't get it to work. When I do a iwconfig I get eth0 (my internal wireless card) and eth1 (my wired networking card). That's all I find, nothing related to the new card. I'm not sure if I'm missing something here but any help would be appreciated.

Just burned his ISO

Default Linksys problem here too...

Hi,

I purchased the same card today (WPC54G-EU v.3) after finding it in the compatibility list in the wiki pages of backtrack and madwifi project.

It does not seem to work and people in various threads wrote backtrack can't make us of it because of the broadcom drivers.

Can anyone from Backtrack team please officially answer to this question?

If this pcmcia card is not usable for packet monitoring/injection with the backtrack live distribution could someone plese remove it from the list(s)?

Thank you in advance.

Ciao.

Just burned his ISO

Well the card works I found out. eth1 is actually the Linksys card, but after doing some testing I believe that the card is not able to inject packets.

Just burned his ISO

I Aleady had to find out the hard way my self.My advice dont even condider linksys card cause the dont work well.Went out to office depot and grabed my self a D-Link WNA-1330 Wireless G and it work like a charm strait out of the box.
    I cracked my first WEP key today so that feels good.