Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it possible to run backtrack on an Android Phone?

Default Re: Is it possible to run backtrack on an Android Phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Citruspers View Post
    Airodump works quite well on my phone (600 mhz ARM, overclocked to 1 GHZ). Same goes for Kismet. Speaking in terms of performance though, as far as I know the N900's wireless drivers don't support injection yet...
    Can do a video if you want
    I was thinking more like metasploit, which I ran on the Zaurus once. Took about 20 minutes just to start. The N900 does support usb host, so with a battery powered hub or power injector, you can add a supported wifi adapter. Wyze is one of the developers, but there's not been much from that group for quite a while.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

You can chroot into more or less any ARM Linux distribution from within Android, and you only need to use VNC if you want to run X applications (since Android doesn't use an X server), which strictly speaking isn't necessary for most of the tools you would be using.

So it is really just a matter of finding (or compiling) ARM builds of whatever applications or tools you want to run, and installing them under your chroot'd install.

Alternately, it is also possible to build native Linux applications for Android (this is different than using the NDK), but that raises it's own problems as Linux code must be built against Bionic (Android's custom version of libc), which is not 100% compatible with the standard GNU libraries. You could build everything static, but at that point you are looking at more work than it is probably worth unless there are only one or two tools you really want. For example, I have tcpdump installed on my phone that way.

It seems the Nokia N900's internal card can inject with some driver tweaking. Neopwn is similar to backtrack and available soon. NeoPwn Mobile Pentesting - Pioneers of Mobile Network Auditing

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    Then I'd have a replacement for these.
    They look awesome. I never seen something so small with PC Card support. What are they?!

Quote Originally Posted by JonJoe View Post
    They look awesome. I never seen something so small with PC Card support. What are they?!
    That's a cf wifi card. It's a Sharp Zaurus SL-C3100 and SL-C3200. One has a 4Gb cf hard drive, the other has a 6Gb cf hard drive. I've also had the SL-C6000 which was a more normal pda style with a slide out keyboard. Sharp stopped making them a few years ago.

This is one running Dragorn's spectools wifi spectrum analyzer.

This is the 6000 sitting beside a Hp iPaq 5555. The 6000 is running kismet with the internal wifi, and the iPaq is running MiniStumbler with an Orinoco Gold card.
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned his ISO

Post Re: Is it possible to run backtrack on an Android Phone?

I have recently chrooted a Rooted Captivate Android phone.
    I used rootstock to build a custom image and extracted that image to an ext3 partition I made on my SDCARD (much better than booting IMG files).

after that I just downloaded the trunks for Metasploit, SET, and FASTTRACK.

I am only able to successfully launch Armitage or Metasploit using SQLite3 (sucks)

Trying either Postgresql-8.4 or Mysql5.1, I was getting tcp socket errors (something to do with the chroot)

Just burned his ISO

Post Re: Is it possible to run backtrack on an Android Phone?

Just spent 7 days trying to chroot my Android phone and get Metasploit and Armitage running. I was able to get them up and running with a custom built image using "rootstock" and then extracting it to my sd card after creating an ext3 partition on it.

the troubles I had were trying to run MySQL or Postgresql due to some kind of weird tcp socket error, probably something to do with the host OS (Android). So, I was forced to only use the SQLite3 (file based) databasing and was able to launch Metasploit console with success, and even got Armitage fully loaded without external servers!
    I could not host a multi-handle due to the same tcp socket limitations (I assume). Arpspoof is in the same boat.

Brightside! Having the Armitage client on my phone is quite awesome when connecting to Multiplayer session. I even use the host's MySQL server and just change my table from "msf" to "msfa" and I get a whole seperate instance =)

It's awesome pwning from the phone!

I posted a video getting everything setup using SQLite3:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XgKOFv197A
    (this video is sloppy, sorry about the words)

All that's needed is to change your Armitage client to point to hosted session and viola!

P.S. - SET site cloner doesn't work, but if you setup from a template, IT WILL RUN ON THE PHONE! =D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12