Thread: Prism 2 card

Just burned his ISO

Default Prism 2 card

Hi everybody,

I have a question about the wireless cards that are referred to when talking about cracking a WEP. I hear a lot of refrences to Prism2 cards, but I'm not sure exactly what that means. I'm curious as to whether or not my wireless card is compatible and is in fact a Prism2 card (Linksys WMP54G), if not, what type of wireless card should I purchase that will give me the capabilities that I need in order to crack a WEP.

Thank you for your time,
    Heftiger

No offense but there are plenty of articles on the net to figure this out. Try Googling "WMP54G chipset" I could be wrong here but looks like there may be a couple different revision on this board. One of wich may have a ralink chipset and another that has a prism2 chipset. You will need to google the proper card that you are using. In all honesty I would much rather go with a Atheros chipset if I was you. Check this site out for compatible cards. Atheros card are very well supported in the open source community. Having a widely compatible card may also save you some trouble down the line with some other distos.

http://atheros.rapla.net/

Just burned his ISO

Thank you for you reply, and no offense taken. I was just having trouble finding what i needed.

I'm a little confused now though, I have been looking at another list of compatable cards from the backtrack website. (backtrack.offensive-security.com) Should I just pruchase one off of that list or is it better to get one that is reccommended by the list you linked to?