Thread: Cant get no wpa handshake help!

Just burned his ISO

Default Cant get no wpa handshake help!

Hey guys im trying to get wpa handshake but no matter wot commands i try i cant get one and i dont know why.
    I have intel3945 wireless card and i can crack wep fine with it.
    Can someone tell me what am i doing wrong or give me another command to try. I remember last year when i tried i did get a wpa handshake once
    I tried the aireplay-ng ........

Thanks

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Cant get no wpa handshake help!

Could you please be a but more specific as to what you have tried? How can we tell you what you've done wrong and what you can try next if we don't know what you have done?

Just burned his ISO

There are 2 ways to get a wpa handshake

1. Just running airodump-ng and waiting FOREVER for a client to disconnect..

2. Using a wireless card which can Inject (and then authenticate with the AP)
    So then you can use aireplay-ng to De-auth a client to get a handshake.

Hope that helps. (their may be more ways to do it. these are 2 basic ways)

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy Cant get wpa handshake HELP Please!!

I am a newbie to this forum so plz guide me in the right direction
    I am trying to hack my own network using BackTrack 4 final run under VMware workstation. I am using Alfa AWUS036H 1000mW. I have updated to the latest aircrack-ng ver rc 1745(using svn). Also I have patched my alfa driver with the latest "mac80211_2.6.32.2-wl_frag+ack_radiotap.patch".
    I have successfully cracked WEP key on my network.The injection/monitoring works perfectly.When I switch the router to use WPA key, I don't get the handshake no matter how long I wait or how many Deauth requests I send. I have also tried to disconnect my computer and reconnected it again with the router by keying in the key manually many times but it didn't get the handshake.
    I hve also tried to catch the handshake by changing macs as well as trying with or without driver patches/updates to aircrack-ng suite etc but nothing worked.
    I have googled a lot to find a solution but to no avail.
    I have also got the .cap file 1.4 mb(252kb compressed) file but I am unable to load it over here.
    IF ANYONE HAS THE SOLUTION KINDLY MAIL ME AND I SHALL SEND YOU THE .CAP FILE
    THANKS IN ADVANCE
    __________________________________________________ ____________________

Just burned his ISO

Re. WPA Handskake.

I'm a newbee and i'll give brief help.

To get a handshake a client(user on computer) first connects to the station (Router) the client sends a request to the Router if the key is correct the router accepts the request and connects the client.

Now, suppose that the client has been accepted, use aireplay-ng to deauth(enticate) the client, and airodump-ng to capture the handshake (airodump-ng requires that it is capturing packets for that network and channel to successfully capture the Handshake)

Just burned his ISO

send me the cap file. i am having the same problem. only, my injection works. i -9 tested it. but i can do cap files i believe.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Cant get no wpa handshake help! (double negative = positive?)

I've had this problem before and what I did was use Wireshark to find out what was going on. Since this is your own WPA network disconnect from it and start Wireshark up monitoring your wireless device. In my case it was wlan0. Then connect to the network and as soon as your connected and you see all the packets coming in stop Wireshark and type "eapol" into the filter section.

These four packets are what will be required in your capture file to ensure you have the full 4-way handshake. If you upload your .cap file from the previous attempts and see less then 4, chances are your missing something. This can be caused by a number of reasons but I often find the most problematic is your physical location between the AP and the target you disconnected.

I believe the airodump "WPA 4-way Handshake" conformation will only display if it finds all 4 required packets. However I think, some types of WPA cracking algorithms don't require the full handshake. If that’s the case you may just want to continue on to the next step if you see you are getting a good majority of the "eapol" packets.

Hope this helps anyone else not capturing the 4-way handshake.