Thread: Another WEP crack script with GUI written in perl

Just burned his ISO

Default Another WEP crack script with GUI written in perl

Hi All,

This is my first script distribuited to backtrack-linux. Please try it and let me know what do you guy think. This script is put together in a day, so I am sure there will be a few things that needs to iron out. Please let me know.

I have tested the script with BT 4 and its works fine. Copy the script then just open the terminal and type "perl filename.pl". A GUI will lauch and the rest is very easy to follow.

Screen capture
    File allegati File allegati
    Last edited by fastzones; 08-25-2010 at 01:47 AM.

Default Re: Another WEP crack script with GUI written in perl

I haven't taken a look at the script yet but was wondering how does it compare to Grimwepa. Does it do anything better or different? Is there a reason why i should use your script for all my wireless auditing needs over something thats already out there like grimwepa and spoonwep? Or is this just a script that automates the entire process, but in perl? If you have not taken a look at it, you should, its really good. I'll test your script later, when im off work. Grimwepa can be found on BT4 R1 as well.

Cheers
    Last edited by aerokid240; 08-23-2010 at 04:05 PM.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by fastzones View Post
    Hi All,

This is my first script distribuited to backtrack-linux. Please try it and let me know what do you guy think. This script is put together in a day, so I am sure there will be a few things that needs to iron out. Please let me know.

I have tested the script with BT 4 and its works fine. Copy the script then just open the terminal and type "perl filename.pl". A GUI will lauch and the rest is very easy to follow.
    Thank you for your contribution :-). I am going to take a look at it now as a source of inspiration. I have been Perl hacking for a couple years now, but never wrote a GUI.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by aerokid240 View Post
    I haven't taken a look at the script yet but was wondering how does it compare to Grimwepa. Does it do anything better or different? Is there a reason why i should use your script for all my wireless auditing needs over something thats already out there like grimwepa and spoonwep? Or is this just a script that automates the entire process, but in perl? If you have not taken a look at it, you should, its really good. I'll test your script later, when im off work. Grimwepa can be found on BT4 R1 as well.

Cheers
    New version upload. I added configure setting so you can change the default.

Thanks aerokid240, The script is automates everything. You don't have to worry anything running in the background. I hate to remember all the command because I will forget after in a weeks, so I try to automates just about anything. I am more of a window person, but I am getting into linux now. Just load the script and click and you'll have the key. I am try to add more configuration option so it's more flexible. I haven't look at Grimwepa or spoonwep and I will. If I found any good in it then I will add it to my script.

Thanks for the info. Keep up the good work.

Just burned his ISO

Have any body tested the script?. Please post some feedback. thanks

Just burned his ISO

I'm going through your code now. To get a list of wireless interfaces, you only need to:

Code:
     map {m/^(\w+) /} `iwconfig  2> /dev/null`
    The "2> /dev/null" is to silence error messages regarding the lack of wireless extensions.

I have used the script and first thing I have found is that checking and unchecking the aireplay-ng boxes is futile. The thing still assumes it is checked on.

For instance I didnt require an authentication request however it was still the scripts priority.

In terms of cracking WEP i hardly thing the process is hard to remember, i think ill stick to the old fashion command prompt.

Thanks for the oppertunity to test it though.

Just burned his ISO

This is an on going progress. I need feedback to implement it into the script. Currently, Aireplay only supported option 1 and 3. I am still looking into the other options.