Thread: How should I burn Backtrack?

nckspec

Question How should I burn Backtrack?

I just want to make sure how should I burn Backtrack . What settings and what program is suggested. Thanks in advance.

Are you sure you want to burn Backtrack already? Maybe Ubuntu would be a better start..

Just burned his ISO

Default I agree

Backtrack while being the coolest linux around is not the easiest, you should cut your teeth on an easier linux just to get the hang of things, of course if you are determined and dont mind doing alot of learning the hard way then go ahead with backtrack...

btw, there many different programs that will burn backtrack I prefer nero, and when i burn iso images i just tell it to burn an "Image" then point it to the iso image i want to burn, it takes care of the rest, do not burn data disk with whatever program you choose or else you will just have a disk with just the iso file on it, great for backup but will not work ....

nckspec

Yeah I am determined to do backtrack because I wanted to try out this thing and the tutorial is for backtrack. Its also good I don't need a data disk cause I only have cd-r. I will burn it and see how it goes.

Just burned his ISO

What i meant by data disk, is when you burn a cd/dvd usually the burner software wants to know what kind of format/type of disk you want to burn, usually the formats range from audio-data-video, but you should tell your software that you want to burn a "image" file and then it will usually want to load the file, this is when you point it to backtrack, so many people when they burn their first ever iso image they usually mess up and just burn it as a data disk ( i did) this will not work however, it just simply puts the iso image on the disk as if you backed up data.....

Chances are if you don't know how to burn an ISO then BT is not for you. BT is a very specialized installation of Linux with various security tools, it isn't meant to be a day to day use operating system. Before jumping in the deep end with both feet tied together your should probably try the shallow end (Windows and what a ISO is) then maybe swim on over to the deep end (Ubuntu or other daily use Linux) then trying diving in the deep end (BT).