Thread: Installaing BT2 on a Macbook Parallels VM problem

Just burned his ISO

Question Installaing BT2 on a Macbook Parallels VM problem

Has anyone installed BT2 final on a Macbook pro Parallels VM?

I can get it to install and everything looks fine, but when it tries to boot from the virtual harddrive, it just hangs... no messages or anything.

Thanks!

Have you verified that you have a good ISO?

Just burned his ISO

yep.. i even tried downloading the ones from the other mirrors and even downloaded it on a seperate machine. tried reinstalling many times with the same result.

the livecd boots up and works fine. the installer goes through all its paces and copies all that it needs.

after reboot it just sits at "boot from hard drive..."

thanks!

Just burned his ISO

Issue:

I had the same Issue on my computer too. I kept geting TCE error, USB error etc and kept hanging during boot.

Fix:

Look at the partition that you have allocated to BackTrack in Parallels. I don't why, but apparently BackTrack does NOT work on Parallels if you had giving it more then 9G of space!

To fix the issue, I resized my VM partition to 8G and everthing worked fine.
    You have to use the "ImageTool" provided by Parallels to resize the space or you will have to go through the installation again.

Tool:

User>Applications>Parelles>ImageTool

Hope Muts or someone comes up with a real fix for this, because 8G fills up quick.
    Hope this helps.

Just burned his ISO

hrm... mine is only 5gb right now... maybe its a problem with the latest build of parallels or something...

Just burned his ISO

MAybe you just put Lilo in the wrong destination.

Here it works fine, in Parallels and in VMWare Fusion, but VMware has the better USB2.0 support.