1. dist-upgrade to upgrade from BT4-final to BT4 R1
2. Backtrack-Dragon was already installed
3. Fluxbox was not installed, so I did an "apt-get install fluxbox"
4. Run dragon to choose "fluxbox desktop"
4. Tried to run "flux-for-back" but #FAIL. Where is located this script??
In other hand, your guide really seems to apply for fresh installations using the R1 ISO. I installed a new VM, then I noted that KDE continues as default desktop in R1 but fluxbox is installed, so I run dragon, choose fluxbox and then flux-for-back to create menus. It worked very good.