Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheap ALFA alternative

Default Re: Cheap ALFA alternative

I agree with Citruspers. The knockoff works well and has a good antenna. It works very well for monitor mode, injection, deauth, etc.

I had a slight issue with getting the full txpower working with injection, but fixed it. I haven't heard of anyone else having that problem.

Coming from a low-power pcmcia adapter to the alfa knockoff was an incredible experience

Just burned his ISO

This is what I think,do please correct me if i'm on the wrong path.I just thought since the latest wireless standard is 'n',so it is more worth it to buy an adapter that supported it,but not many people are using it.So I'm thinking of just buying this alfa knockoff first,later on if many people started to use 'n' type wireless standard instead of 'g',I would buy an alfa adapter that could support.

If you don't have one, try to find one of those usb cables that have a Y at one end for extra power. They usually come with those cheap laptop ide to usb drive enclosures. I don't think you'll get full power out of the adapter with the included cable. That or I just have cheap laptops....
    Of course, if you really wanted to have some fun, go to Wal-Mart late at night and ask the greeter if they could help you find trashbags, roll of carpet, rope, quicklime, clorox and a shovel. See if they give you any strange looks. --Streaker69

Just burned their ISO

good luck with the deal extreme cheap knockoff alfa's. I had a buddy who paid for one about a month ago and still no sign of it. and here in the USA for about $36 shipping you can get an alfa adapter. By the way I haven't seen the alfa adapters with 2 usb ports. Anyone have a picture of one?

Well, most recent laptops can fully power USB (5V, 0.5A = 2.5 W). Most netbooks don't fully power the USB bus though (to save power, I think)
    Student Systems Administration and Network Engineering, second year.
    Don't PM me with questions, unless very specific. Otherwise, use the forums so everyone can potentially benefit from it.

Just burned his ISO

Hey I didn't see much information regarding the alfa AWUS051NH,any review about it over alfa AWUS036H or AWUS036NH??

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by caramel1991 View Post
    Hey I didn't see much information regarding the alfa AWUS051NH,any review about it over alfa AWUS036H or AWUS036NH??
    think you mean AWUS050NH not *****51NH?

The AWUS036H is very good, and this cheap adapter is a clone of that. IIRC, the NH versions aren't well supported under backtrack, or linux in general.
    Student Systems Administration and Network Engineering, second year.
    Don't PM me with questions, unless very specific. Otherwise, use the forums so everyone can potentially benefit from it.

I bought a 'g sky' wireless box off ebay (alpha copy) works spot on with both bt and ubuntu straight out the box, only thing i found was to look at the chipset's in the box, mine has the rtl8187l chipset, which is basically plug and play, but they also do a version with the rtl8187b chipset which im told isnt so easy to get working on linux.

I just noticed that the green board version that I got recently has metal shielding over part of it while the blue board does not. User pictures can be seen of both here: DealExtreme: $21.07 802.11g 54Mbps High Power 1000mW USB 2.0 WiFi Wireless Network Dongle

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast