Thread: Is Aircrack the best?

Just burned his ISO

Default Is Aircrack the best?

I've used Aircrack and it does work, but is it really the best? Are there alternatives out there in cyberspace?

The reason I asked is this: Why must you wait for over 250,000 ivs to be collected to crack a wep? You would think each iv contains the code. Remember it's a newbie asking.

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by croft View Post
    I've used Aircrack and it does work, but is it really the best? Are there alternatives out there in cyberspace?
    The best alternative is to learn how the tools work, then make your own informed decision. Visit the pages of the respective tools and read everything. Go to the aircrack-ng site and read the FAQ!

The reason I asked is this: Why must you wait for over 250,000 ivs to be collected to crack a wep? You would think each iv contains the code. Remember it's a newbie asking.
    Once again, a basic question that could be answered with a couple google queries.

"cracking wep" is much to general a term for google and most returns are the simple script kiddie cracking. Look for the documents/pages that actaully talk about how wep encrypted frames are constructed.

Fun words to add to your google query: fms, korek, weak iv

-sc0tch

Just burned his ISO

@croft: Are you out of your right mind? Can you get into a car without a key? I mean, you've got the "inverse key" (keyhole) right in front of you!

Your questions reveals you don't know the least about encryption algorithms! No packet contains "the code" - its data was just mangled by it. Now if you have a lot of mangled packets and know a few weaknesses of the used algorithm you can start guessing the key.