Thread: Bad Password?

Just burned his ISO

Question Bad Password?

Hello everyone. I had never heard of BackTrack until it showed up on digg. It seems like a cool program to play with so I downloaded the iso and burned to disk. However, when I attempt to boot from the disk I am unable to enter the correct username and password. I am told that root/toor is incorrect. I am using a Dell Inspiron core duo laptop with 1 gig ram. Did I get a bad iso? The MD5 matched so I am not so sure that is the problem. Any advise would be great.

Krubb

What speed did you burn at?
    Have you tested the CD in another system?

Just burned his ISO

Well, I did try it on a desktop PC that is home built. Has AMD processor with about a gig o'RAM. Same problem there. I believe it was burned at around 24x.

Just burned his ISO

Unhappy

Just tried to reburn the iso at 2x and I have the same problem.

Just burned his ISO

did you check with md5sum? Its a kind of program which checks the iso if its the whole thing

Just burned his ISO

Actually, I had mentioned earlier that the MD5 was correct. However, I am not sure what I was looking at but when I checked it again it was not correct. Just finished re-downloading the iso and burned it to cd (24x) and was actually able to login. I guess all that is left now is to learn how to use it. I need to get my wireless card installed somehow but I am sure the answer is in these forums somewhere!!

Krubb

Itssid

Smile

I had the same problem just check the md5 and burn the iso at the lowest speed on a NEW CD (my problem was bad disk).