Thread: gerix-wifi airodump unreconized option error when trying to scan for networks

Just burned his ISO

Default gerix-wifi airodump unreconized option error when trying to scan for networks

I get the following error when trying to scan for networks using gerix my card is in monitor mode and i relize that the programs trying to use an invalid option maybe they took it out of airodump anyone know how i would report it to them there page is in italian and i cant read it

20:31:12 - Monitor on: wlan1 [Success]
    20:31:17 - airodump-ng: unrecognized option '--output-format' "airodump-ng --help" for help. [Failure]

Default Re: gerix-wifi airodump unreconized option error when trying to scan for networks

Unless there is a fixed version of Gerix that hasnt been installed on BT, this isn't a BT bug, so moved here.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: gerix-wifi airodump unreconized option error when trying to scan for networks

just put the card in monitor mode first , airmon-ng , then start gerix

Quote Originally Posted by rustygates View Post
    just put the card in monitor mode first , airmon-ng , then start gerix
    geeze he said his card was in monitor mode already...

It says in the output from whatever command you tried to run (since you didn't post the string) unrecognized option '--output-format'

I'm no expert but it would seem that it is telling you the option that didn't work.