ZCom XL-325HP+ error in driver recognition. Can't inject
First of all thanks for this great distro!
I used a ZCom XL-325HP+, chipset PRISM 2.5 (patched firmware to 1.7.4), but I couldnt inject (I checked it with Ethereal). I realised that Backtrack recognise chipset as HermesI, not Prism.
How can I solve this issue?
Thanks in advance!
I had same problem with Senao SL-2511CD card (same chipset). I found the following way to load right (Hostap) drivers.
Originally Posted by yandrak
1. Boot Backtrack 2.0 final with your zcom card inserted
2. Type in a console window: airmon-ng
This command shoud list your wifi cards, drivers loaded and their mode. It will probably say that you have orinoco module loaded
3. eject your wifi card (physically remove it from a slot)
4. type the following commands:
modeprobe -r orinico_cs (removes orinoco module)
modprobe hostap_cs (loads hostap module)
5. insert your zcom card back into a slot.
6. type airmon-ng again (it should say that prism hostap module is loaded)
It works in my case. I have not tried injection yet but I think it should work with right module loaded. Please post your feedback after you check injection.
I tried injection in fakeauth mode. Unfortunately it suspends in my case. I am trying to find the solution.
Originally Posted by rafboh
Is anybody else using aircrack-ng package in Backtrack final with prism2.5 chipset ?