Thread: IPOD boot!?

Just burned his ISO

Default IPOD boot!?

I have an old IPOD i cant do anything with cause the audios shot, so i wanna make the IPOD a bootable disk, anyone know if theres a way to install BackTrack 2.0 to an IPOD?

Just burned his ISO

The iPod has got no network access (neither WiFi, Bluetooth, LAN, ...) - so of what use would it be to have BackTrack on it?

Just burned his ISO

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    The iPod has got no network access (neither WiFi, Bluetooth, LAN, ...) - so of what use would it be to have BackTrack on it?
    He meant boot from the iPod as a disc instead of from a CD.

Been thinking about this too, could be practical.

Just burned his ISO

Is the iPod bootable at all (not all USB sticks are, that's why I'm asking). If yes, one there are probably a dozen of articles installing SLAX on a USB stick... shouldn't be too difficult, is it?

Just burned his ISO

Yeah i have seen tutorials about it being able to boot MAC OSX and shit like that by formating it a certain way, obviously can longer be an MP3 Player, but would be a cool tricky tool with backtrack, i just cant think of how to do it

i have it installed to a 1GB nano....its just like a flash drive, nothing special. if its really old and uses firewire i doubt youll be able to boot off it though.

You can boot a firewire iPod just as well as you can boot a regular firewire drive. If the audio is crapped out you basically have a usb/firewire hard drive with a bunch of extra crap you don't need.

Just burned his ISO

I have an Ipod Mini as well as an Ipod 30GB the 30GB both with knoppix/windowsxppro on them and the mini acts as if it were a flash stick and the 30gb acts as if it were an actual external hard drive....they both boot up fine if you set in your bios (if compatible) to boot off those drives or at the least boot off of a boot selection at startup. That's how i operate both even though i boot into knoppix and then into windows if i wish to use windows for anything.

Just burned his ISO

I have a 2gb nano that I want to try on also, but I have to get it from my dorm tomorrow, I'll give it a go, and drop a line if it worked/what went wrong.