Thread: scripting help

Default scripting help

I have made a little bash script which automatically installs backtrack to the specified hd's, i would like to improve this script but cannot find the commands i need?

1. I would like to print out every command that is being exectued, without using echo for each line?

2. How can i open a file and edit a specific line?

ps. just downloaded the extended usb version of BT3 and I have a fairly new/fast computer, anyone else find the new graphics (rotating cube and window wobble) make the os seem really slow?

1). Maybe read some of the rc/init scripts.

2) man vim

3) slow os because of cubes.. try downloading later drivers and google around, maybe certain modes have to be disabled, e.g. dri

Thanks, ill check out the rc/init scripts

2) I believe vim is just a CLI text editor similar to nano, I can do it manually but i wanted my script to automate this procedure - with a bit more googling i believe I have found a correct command and will try it out tonight

Code:
    sed -e 's/source=type,interface,name/source=madwifi_g,wifi0,athos/g' /usr/local/etc/kismet.conf > kismet2.conf mv –f kismet2.conf kismet.conf
    I came across some very short perl code for find and replace, alterntively if i wanted to use these can i just put these in a normall bash script and they will compile??

3. Do you mean lastest video drivers?

Calypso