Thread: Nikto result

Question Nikto result

Dear All,

i have use Nikto to our server and it show me this ::

+ Retrieved ms-author-via header: MS-FP/4.0,DAV
    + Allowed HTTP Methods: OPTIONS, TRACE, GET, HEAD, DELETE, PUT, POST, COPY, MOVE, MKCOL, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, LOCK, UNLOCK, SEARCH
    + OSVDB-5646: HTTP method ('Allow' Header): 'DELETE' may allow clients to remove files on the web server.
    + OSVDB-397: HTTP method ('Allow' Header): 'PUT' method could allow clients to save files on the web server.
    + OSVDB-5647: HTTP method ('Allow' Header): 'MOVE' may allow clients to change file locations on the web server.
    + Public HTTP Methods: OPTIONS, TRACE, GET, HEAD, DELETE, PUT, POST, COPY, MOVE, MKCOL, PROPFIND, PROPPATCH, LOCK, UNLOCK, SEARCH
    + OSVDB-5646: HTTP method ('Public' Header): 'DELETE' may allow clients to remove files on the web server.
    + OSVDB-397: HTTP method ('Public' Header): 'PUT' method could allow clients to save files on the web server.
    + OSVDB-5647: HTTP method ('Public' Header): 'MOVE' may allow clients to change file locations on the web server.
    + WebDAV enabled (SEARCH UNLOCK LOCK MKCOL COPY PROPPATCH PROPFIND listed as allowed)
    + OSVDB-13431: PROPFIND HTTP verb may show the server's internal IP address: http://server/insert_sms/web.config
    __________________________________________________ _______________________

i note there is "PUT,GET ...etc" is it possible to copy file from and to that server with http command and how???

Best Regards,

Default Re: Nikto result

Study up on WebDAV...

EDIT: I may even have a tutorial on these very forums if you search hard enough...
    I got 99 problems but the bits ain't one...

Try the 'cadaver' tool. Its pretty easy to work out how to use it. Be aware that the file extensions you use may matter.
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.

thanks ,,, under testing