Thread: ATI Module problems

Just burned his ISO

Default ATI Module problems

Hi,

I'm having a small problem with the ATI.lzm module downloaded from the Wiki (md5 checksum is correct). When placed under BT/modules and another ISO is generated (per the instructions on the Wiki), the following error appears while attempting to boot:

(inserts other modules)
    -> /base/sbin.lzm
    -> /base/usr.lzm
    -> mount: Mounting /dev/loop10 on memory/images/ati.lzm: Invalid argument
    Cannot read module data. corrupted download?

Like I said, the checksum was alright and the instructions were followed correctly. Can anyone comment on this?

Thank you,
    Tony

Just burned his ISO

I can confirm the problem. Moreove live insertion does not work (at least the thing with kde since I don't know the command; uselivelzm?).
    I've also tried to extract the file using 7zip and had no problem. I even installed p7zip and extracted the file correctly (p7zip would be a nice addition btw). But I can't do that with the lzm files inside BT/base.
    I've added the files to rootcopy and now it works. It works so good it made X crash inside VMWare.
    But I can say I really love the fixvesa command.

I extracted ati.lzm with p7zip (Ark is really broken btw; it crashed with more than two bz2 files and one tar) and used dir2lzm. The new module can be found .
    It inserts correctly but I receive a permission denied for aticonfig when running "ati" after logging.

As a temporary fix, those who want this module can extract it with p7zip and use rootcopy.

Just burned his ISO

I've created a small script to ease the creation of new modules for Slax (I didn't know if it existed and wanted to learn shell scripting and sed ).
    And I can't execute it either. I get a "permission denied" error. The file is on my xfs /hdc8, not on BT's CD. Copying it to the desktop doesn't change anything. In fact, I have to make allow the script to be executed (doing it in Konqueror works perfectly). I don't get why this is not allowed by default.

Just burned his ISO

Done. Just had lzm2dir, change the permissions and then dir2lzm. :P

I've overwritten the old file so you can find a version that is fixed (or at least I hope) here.