Thread: BackTrac2 will not install when the beta did

Just burned his ISO

Default BackTrac2 will not install when the beta did

I had the beta test of BT2 installed on the hard drive of an IBM thinKpad after following the instructions in one of the forums and it worked great.

I downloaded the final release, it will boot from CD ok on the thinkpad but I can not get it to install on the drive. I have followed the documented process 3 times now step by step. It all seems to work OK then I repboot the IBM.

It starts the boot process, lots of text on the screen then freezes. The last screen entry reads

Kernal panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unkown-block(3,1)

Can anybody Help ?

if you didnt try this already..... clean the partition..even reformat to be sure then do a new install onto the new partition....this worked for me
    BT3 Beta
    HDD dual boot install
    Toshiba Equium
    Atheros 5004x

wilkosplus.co.uk

Just burned his ISO

What did you use to format ? anything special....

Just burned his ISO

Default Still no joy with BT final

This is now becoming a pain and I am looking for help

Laptop is an IBM x221 thinkpad with a 20Gb hard drive.

I had BT beta loaded on OK working fine. I followed a set of instructions I found in the forums and it worked without a hitch

I burned the final release and used the instuctions in the documentation section for BackTrack.

The final will not load

I have reformated the drive with a DOS boot disk, then tried again still no joy.
    I have followed the instructions to the letter except I am using /dev/hda not sda
    Debian will load and run from the hard drive
    Knoppix will load and run as a CD
    BackTrack will seems to load from the utility but when you reboot it does not work but it works fine from the CD.