Thread: Dual Booting

Default Dual Booting

Ok well, I just got my new laptop and I was trying to dual boot BT and Windows. I did this on my other laptop so I though it would be a piece of cake this time. Well, I have it all setup but im trying to make Windows be above BT when lilo loads up so if I don't press anything it will load into windows. Well I tried doing this:

image = /boot/vmlinuz
    root = /dev/sda1 (sda1 is my windows partition)
    label = Windows
    read-write
    other = /dev/sda7 (sda7 is my back|track parition)
    label = back|track

Now when I type: lilo -v in the console, it gives me an error message like cannot boot from sda7 or something like that.

Also, when I start my PC I get an error message saying file system set to read-write...add "ro" tag to fix this problem and get rid of this annoying message.

Finally, I got a message saying I needed to run e2fsdk or something but when I tried to run it, it said DO NOT RUN while mounted.

Thanks for the help guys!

Just burned his ISO

Try in this order:

other = /dev/sda1
    label = Windows
    image = /boot/vmlinuz
    root = /dev/sda7
    label = back|track
    read-only

Quote Originally Posted by darkdog8157 View Post
    Try in this order:

other = /dev/sda1
    label = Windows
    image = /boot/vmlinuz
    root = /dev/sda7
    label = back|track
    read-only
    This is the second ancient thread you have raised from the dead today. (This is the other one). Your enthusiasm for assisting others is appreciated, but try and focus on the more recent threads, OK?
    Capitalisation is important. It's the difference between "Helping your brother Jack off a horse" and "Helping your brother jack off a horse".

The Forum Rules, Forum FAQ and the BackTrack Wiki... learn them, love them, live them.