Thread: BackTrack detects Beklin USB wireless Adapter model f5d8053 v6 but

Just burned his ISO

Default BackTrack detects Beklin USB wireless Adapter model f5d8053 v6 but

Basically my BackTrack detects my USB wireless adapter as USB device so i would say that drivers are working, but unfortunately it doesnt recognize it as network adapter. I did a research about compatibility and different commands to detect it but i only ended up on finding that my adapter is unknown as compatible and there will be drivers in the future, article was from last year so i reckon there are drivers now. i tried few commands to "up" the wlan0 but trouble is that again backtrack cant find any wlan0, cuz doesnt detect any wireless cards/adapters. Im wondering is there any commands which would help detect my wireless adapter or add it manually to network since OS knows what its plugged in.
    Thx for help

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: BackTrack detects Beklin USB wireless Adapter model f5d8053 v6 but

A little Google search goes a long way towards finding the information you need.
    Very first result leads one to the following link
    Searching for Belkin F5D8053 v6 driver
    which then leads to this information
    Linux wireless LAN support http://linux-wless.passys.nl

Looks like that adapter is not fully supported yet. Might want to research the driver (rtl8192su) a little more to see if/when it will be more fully supported.

Just burned his ISO

I have seen that list on the second link, u can see in my first post that i mention that is "unknown" under Support table. I created topic with a hope that someone might possibly know the command which i mentioned above.

Just burned his ISO

I had the same problem with my wireless adapter. I found out I had to run rmmod and modprobe to unload then reload the drivers. Sometimes it doesn’t work the first time and may have to be done again. This may be your problem or something to try. I got mine to work from reading this post Sabrent wireless USB adapter adapter review which I have the same adapter. Just replace the chip your adapter is using with the rmmod and modprobe commands.