Thread: Login incorrect !

Itssid

Exclamation Login incorrect !

Hi,
    I just downloaded BT2 final yesterday night and burned it to a CD-RW. The when i Booted up everything seemed fine untill i tried to login with user root and password toor and it said login incorrect. Then i went to another machine in my house and it said login incorrect. I have never faced that error with BT2 Beta or BT1, its really weird. I really wanna use BT2 final, so plaese help if you can. Here is a bit detail about my PC:

Nvidia fx 5200 (has 128MB of free space, updated to the latest drivers available on www.nvidia.com)
    My monitor is a Samsung SyncMaster 153v.
    Pentium4

Thankyou,
    Sid

Did you check the MD5 of the ISO?
    What speed did you burn the CD at?

Itssid

I burned the cd at a speed of 4x and i dont know how to check the md5.

Just burned his ISO

I am also having this problem.....

Itssid

I dont know but i think i read somewhere that the disc may be damaged (the disc i previously burned it to is really old and i have used the rewrite function atleat 25 times) so i am redownloading it and i bought 3 new rewritable cds and after i try, i will update this post.....

Itssid

Ok before this i could not use startx or flux because i would get a Blank Screen but after i did the following BT2 final startx and login works like a charm:

Buy new rewritable CDs.
    Download BT2 final using internet explorer and make sure the md5 is right.
    Next update nero burning software and make sure DMA mode is enabled for all drives (DMA manager).
    Now bur the iso to a CD-RW at the lowest speed (in my case 4x) and check the option verify files after burning.
    Then shutdown the computer safely and start Back Track with boot papameter 'bt nopcmcia'.
    The run xconf first and then startx.

Now Backtrack 2 Final works really good for me.

Thank you so much BT2 is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sid

Quote Originally Posted by Itssid View Post
    I burned the cd at a speed of 4x and i dont know how to check the md5.
    To check the md5 sum of the iso, just open a console, go into the dir' containing the iso file and type:

md5sum name-of-iso

Wait a little while and the md5 sum is returned. Compare that with the correct md5sum, given at the download link/source.

If you're using windows to burn your iso, you'll need to install an md5sum program first.
    I would suggest using the md5sum.exe program found at http://www.etree.org/md5com.html
    This is a quick and simple method.
    Simply copy the exe into your windows\system32 dir and then execute if from a command prompt, as above.