Thread: change resolutin in backtrack 4

Default change resolutin in backtrack 4

I have installed backtrack 4 on laptop,laptop brand is Forcebook and i think 99 % of people didnt hear about that brand.Maximum resolution witch i can setup is 1024x768 and laptop screen resolution is 1280x800.How to configure backtrack to use laptop screen resolution?I tried on ubuntu forum,i try to edit xor.conf and tried xrandr,and no succes.Any sugestion?

09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Default Re: change resolutin in backtrack 4

Without knowing the specifics of your video card, have you tried to install kde-guidance-kde3 from Synaptic Package Manger? It will place an entry under Settings>Peripherals>Monitor & Display (Screen Configuration Utility) and will allow you to change the screen size.

Do you have the correct drivers installed? You're right about not knowing about it, Google doesn't even know about it.

Oh, and stop double posting. Someone will eventually post a reply, or not. Making a new post about the same thing just pisses off the mods.

I had this problem with the VMware image being stuck at 1024 and was able to then change it to 1440x900 by doing this. If I remember what I did correctly, there are 2 things you need to change. 1, make a new grub menu item with the same settigns as the first entry for booting, but remove the vga=0x317 part or whatever it says, and change it to vga=normal. Then, edit xorg.conf and for all the entries that begin with 1024x768 just add your res you want to use in front of it, like 1280x800 1024x768, etc. I think there was also a setting for the vga=0x317 in xorg.conf, so change to vga=normal (cant remmber if I just commented it out or actually changed it, try commenting it out first though and see what happens), then save, reboot, and cross your fingers.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiP View Post
    I had this problem with the VMware image being stuck at 1024 and was able to then change it to 1440x900 by doing this. If I remember what I did correctly, there are 2 things you need to change. 1, make a new grub menu item with the same settigns as the first entry for booting, but remove the vga=0x317 part or whatever it says, and change it to vga=normal. Then, edit xorg.conf and for all the entries that begin with 1024x768 just add your res you want to use in front of it, like 1280x800 1024x768, etc. I think there was also a setting for the vga=0x317 in xorg.conf, so change to vga=normal (cant remmber if I just commented it out or actually changed it, try commenting it out first though and see what happens), then save, reboot, and cross your fingers.
    Tnx you,its work fine.Now i just wana change deapth color from 24 to 32 bit,but it doesnt work if i do that in xorg.conf.And i cant see monitor refresh rate.