Thread: Backtrack 4 installed, but not boot

Just burned his ISO

Default Backtrack 4 installed, but not boot

Hello
    I download .iso witch bc4, I check md5 and its fine. I boot to live version bc4 from USB. Then I install it. Everithyng is ok, no errors. When instalation is done I reboot PC, bc4 start boot after some time I see error there:

Gave up waiting for root device. Some info and ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/a76c7835-eb6f-459f-a891-496f16bc00eb does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

What can I do to repair it? Because I try format partition again and install it again, but problem not solved.

Thank you

Very good friend of the forum hhmatt's Avatar

Default Re: Backtrack 4 installed, but not boot

Quote Originally Posted by c0rrupt View Post
    Hello
    I download .iso witch bc4, I check md5 and its fine. I boot to live version bc4 from USB. Then I install it. Everithyng is ok, no errors. When instalation is done I reboot PC, bc4 start boot after some time I see error there:

Gave up waiting for root device. Some info and ALERT! /dev/disk/by-uuid/a76c7835-eb6f-459f-a891-496f16bc00eb does not exist. Dropping to a shell!

What can I do to repair it? Because I try format partition again and install it again, but problem not solved.

Thank you
    Please in the future take the time to make your posts legible, I'm almost certain this is exactly why you have received no help thusfar. This is not time critical so you have the ability to spellcheck and check for proper grammar. Also this is BT4 not BC4.

The error you are receiving seems to be a drive mount issue. There are several threads on ubuntu forums covering this exact issue and next time you need to practice your searchfu prior to posting.

Use the command
    Code:
    fdisk -l
    to find your drive letter information. It should be something like /dev/sdaX

Read the whole thread and follow the solution provided here:
    [all variants] SOLUTION: Alert! /dev/disk/by-uuid/ ...<your UUID>.... does not exist - Ubuntu Forums