Thread: X-System is not working anymore

Hybrid View

Just burned his ISO

Default X-System is not working anymore

Hi,

I have installed BackTrack v2.0 Final on my notebook. After booting and logging in with root/toor I type startx, but instead of the X-System the Flux-System is loaded. What can I do to start the X-System again?

xconf kde

text to make the message long enough to post

Just burned his ISO

That command didn't work but I found out that I can start the right desktop (X-Window KDE) by typing init 4. Typing startx still results in starting Fluxbox. Why?? How can I fix the startx command?

Another question: since I installed Grub (because I also have a WinXP partition) BackTrack doesn't use its nice bootscreen anymore. This is not a serious problem, but I would like to know how I can get this bootscreen back (looks nicer than just white text on a black background ^^)

Just burned his ISO

Default startX wont work

hello guys am using a HP dv4-1120us notebook pc and i installed bCT3 on my usb drive its don alright but when i get to the xstart to display the GUI it wont work it tells me xserver not available please help me i think it has something to do with my graphics card or should i run it with the live cd please help

dizzylol4;
    Rather than hijack this thread, (the op's problem is different from your own), you should start your own. Good luck to Each of You.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyman View Post
    That command didn't work but I found out that I can start the right desktop (X-Window KDE) by typing init 4. Typing startx still results in starting Fluxbox. Why?? How can I fix the startx command?

Another question: since I installed Grub (because I also have a WinXP partition) BackTrack doesn't use its nice bootscreen anymore. This is not a serious problem, but I would like to know how I can get this bootscreen back (looks nicer than just white text on a black background ^^)
    That's Grub's boot screen, you should be able to edit it. Cheers, Kurt