Thread: Root user not able to use users-admin

Just burned his ISO

Default Root user not able to use users-admin

While trying to troubleshoot fast track on my system (it's not working properly), i came across a different, more basic problem.
    Some of the steps needed to resolve my fast-track issues ended up throwing an error related to the user id and my priviledges. I'm running the system as root, so priviledges shouldnt be a problem.
    To sort out the source of my problem i tried to launch users-admin (from the system menu and from cli) and i always get an error message "The configuration could not be loaded. You are not allowed to access the system configuration." WTF! I'm root i should be able to access everything. I've also had error messages saying something about user id 100 needing to be user id 0 (or something like that, i can't remember exactly, and i don't remember what prompted that exact message).
    For your info i'm running bt4 from hard disk, with my own password, and no other users (obviously). Please if you have encountered this problem or know how i might be able to solve it please post so. That way i can move to to solving bigger issues in my system. Thanx in advance. Happy hacking!

Super Moderator Archangel-Amael's Avatar

Default Re: Root user not able to use users-admin

It might be a good idea for you to post the exact command and the resultant error output so that we can further provide assistance.

Just burned his ISO

Default Re: Root user not able to use users-admin

When trying to execute users-admin from command line i get the following, plus a pop-up window stating "The configuration could not be loaded. You are not allowed to access the system configuration.":
    root@bt:~# users-admin

(users-admin:5471): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

(users-admin:5471): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

** (users-admin:5471): CRITICAL **: Failed to execute program /lib/dbus-1.0/dbus-daemon-launch-helper: Success

How do you think i could solve this?
    thanx