Thread: save to usb

Hybrid View

arcus

Default save to usb

im running BT on my pen drive..how do I save changes i made to my pen drive so i dont have to make changes again and again each time i boot my BT on my pen drive? is it just the same with the command save2cd?

arcus

bump! anyone??

Did you actually do a HD install on the Pen Drive or just a MySLAX Creator intsall from the image?

Just burned his ISO

You may be looking for the "configsave" and "configrestore" commands.
    Unfortunately there is a small bug. I've provided some info about it here along with the fix I'm using.
    http://forums.remote-exploit.org/sho...4097#post24097

arcus

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by thorin View Post
    Did you actually do a HD install on the Pen Drive or just a MySLAX Creator intsall from the image?
    i did a Compress Install on my pen drive using backtrack installer.. MySlax Creator seems to not recognize the BT2Final iso..then i thought using the make_iso.bat provided but the bat seems not to worked ( invalid arguments ), then i make a new bat file according to BT2beta iso then it worked well to create the iso but the iso still is not recognized..dunno why..guess i digress from my topic is it still possible to make save to thumbdrive eventhough it is compressed version?

Just burned his ISO

Arcus,
    I'm using a compressed install also. Try the following and let us know if it works out.

Go to the link I provided above and get the "restoreFix.lzm" module.

Place it on your thumbdrive in the "BT/modules/" directory.

Reboot.

You should see the "restoreFix.lzm" module being loaded.

After you change a few things like your password or background image type "configsave". This should create the initial "slaxconf.mo" module on your thumbdrive.

Reboot.

After a message about "going multiuser" you should be prompted to hit a key to restore settings.

arcus

sorry for the late reply..i did like what u said..it seems like there's no problem when doing the configsave but somehow when i reboot BT, the save is gone..still no good..ne idea?